Margin & Value Innovation Manager
Job Description Summary: Job Description:
Job Description Summary:
We believe we're best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Job Description: Let's talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you'll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this Margin Value & Innovation Manager role, within the Business Consulting team. Making quality second nature
This means doing what's right even when no one's looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do. Own your own work
Be a part of a team
- End to end ownership of workstreams on client projects, working within the Margin & Value Innovation team
- Demonstrate understanding of services and capability of Business Consulting as well as Grant Thornton
- Take personal responsibility and pride towards delivering high quality client deliverables
- Proactively seek involvement in upcoming assignments
- An appetite to work flexibly, as a level of overnight UK & foreign travel is to be expected within this role
- Seek regular feedback from colleagues and demonstrate evidence of efforts towards improvements
- Actively listen to others and ask searching follow up questions that challenges thinking beyond immediate concerns
- Demonstrate collaborative attitude towards colleagues from Business Consulting as well as wider Grant Thornton
- Contribute to positive morale, enthusiasm and entrepreneurial culture within Business Consulting
Build your brand
- Demonstrate industry and technical knowledge and apply this in the context of client related internal and external projects
- Confidently communicate with clients and successfully manage the expectations of colleagues
- Assist in developing key client accounts
- Share your insights with the team & drive your own career development
The minimum criteria
- Stay abreast of relevant market and sector updates
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts, within the firm and wider business community
- Support on business development activities as appropriate, including the development of leads and proposals
- Identify opportunities for new business or cross-selling, develop these opportunities or share with colleagues
- Act as a brand ambassador for M&VI, Business Consulting, as well as Grant Thornton
Skills to set you apart
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated experience of delivering complex client projects & leading workstreams, within large programmes
- Prior consulting (internal or external) experience, within the revenue assurance or finance / technology transformation ?
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don't worry if you don't tick every box. It's important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
Do you care about the same things we do?
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, supported by excellent MS Office skills
- A genuine interest in innovation / disruptive technology / data analytics
- Problem solving ability and experience in influencing stakeholders
- Ability to provide commercial and strategic thinking
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Foreign language would be desirable but not essential
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we'll want you to show us how they're important to you, too. Collaboration:
We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out. Leadership
: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects. Excellence:
Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky. Agility:
The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible - changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done. Respect:
A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care. Responsibility
: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people's lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what's right. Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we're also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too. Bring your whole self
Now you've seen our values, it shouldn't be a surprise that we're creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
"We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone - regardless of background or gender." Dave Dunckley, CEO There's more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes...the things you do and the people you're with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So, if you'd like to work flexibly, let us know. We're happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we'll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
View our video below to see what life is like at Grant Thornton.
Life at Grant Thornton