- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 25 May 19
Market Data Development Lead # 119856
Banking today is a technology business, where digital ingenuity creates competitive advantage. At Credit Suisse, we are committed to delivering world-class technology innovation that enables our clients to reach their goals. CS's technology team is a critical commercial differentiator, creating products and services that enable the flow of financial information across the globe. We handle big challenges and create new products, using the latest technology to drive value for our business. We strive to provide applications that are robust, reliable and secure while continuously adapting to meet the evolving needs of clients both internally and externally. Our future depends on identifying and hiring the best people technologists in the financial world and bringing them together to serve our clients' needs. We offer an exemplary culture and a great working environment that nurtures collaboration and partnership; rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurialism.
The Market Data team is seeking a 'hands on' development lead for Pi Market data platform at Credit Suisse Investment Bank. You will have a full understanding of components involved in receiving direct feeds from exchange and delivering normalized trade data, consolidated book data to low latency trading applications. This position requires regular interaction with senior traders to understand requirements and propose appropriate solutions.
You should have prior experience in the investment banking domain leading development of low latency market data systems.
- Map new requirements to existing or new functionality.
- Heading the design of the solution soliciting inputs from the global development team and develop implementation plan.
- Work with low latency infrastructure teams to have appropriate tooling in place to monitor performance in production environments.
- Create plans to handle end of life cycles on software and hardware.
- Plan and execute exchange mandated changes.
Additionally in our team you will:
- Work with support teams to resolve issues escalated by L1 support.
- Coordinate coverage for mandatory exchange tests.
- Mentor junior staff.
- Contribute your interpersonal skills to our team.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
- Extensive commercial experience developing sub-microsecond latency market data platform based on Multicast/TCP/Proprietary API based direct feeds from exchanges.
- 'Hands on' experience developing feed handlers for various market data protocols including (but not limited to) SBE/FIX/ITCH/etc. and low latency normalized market data distribution infrastructure.
- In depth knowledge of European equity feeds (LSE, XETRA, Euronext, CBOE,BME etc.) SI venue feeds, US/Canada Equity feeds (SIP, NYSE, INET, PSX, BX, ARCA, BATS, IEX, CHX,EDGA, EDGX,TSX etc.), and US Future/Options feeds (OPRA/ CME).
- Hands on experience developing C, C++ 11/14 based multi-threaded applications. Knowledge of low latency performance-tuning techniques in multi-cpu NUMA architecture. Python and other scripting skills.
- Experience with kernel bypass networking (RDMA, TOE or OpenLoad). Vendor(Mellanox, Solarflare etc.) specific low latency APIs.
- Experience to manage a distributed team of 5-6 developers and to handle senior traders and application managers expectations.
Advert ends 13th June 2019
For more information visit Technology Careers .
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.