Market Data Operations Engineer
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
Market Data Operations Engineer
Corporate Title: Vice President (VP)
Line of Business: Global Tech and Operations
An opportunity as a Market Data Operations Engineer is available for a talented individual to work in a dynamic technology environment.
Market Data EMEA Technical Operations are responsible for full production life cycle for all Market Data applications and infrastructure. The team's goal is to ensure a reliable, highly performant market data service that can be used by all business groups to facilitate the dissemination of pricing data globally in the firm. The key objective for technical operations is developing a culture and practice of continuous improvement across the services that we provide.
You will be a member of the EMEA Technical operations team, based in London and will play a key role in this five man team supporting a variety of applications, platforms and operating systems. You must have hands on experience of Market data technology, within an investment banking environment. The position will involve working closely with peers across Trading desks, applications development and technology infrastructure. Communication across and up the organisation is a key aspect of this role.
As a Market Data Operations Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Operational support for all Market Data platforms. The main focus will be on the Exegy low latency environment and the TREP distribution platform
- Supporting and implementing exchange driven changes (EDCs) as required
- Providing escalated support for Trading desks and application teams
- Collaboration with global team colleagues
- Delivering projects to deploy new technologies, upgrade existing platforms and decommissioned retired products
- Support the group's objectives around continual service improvement and automation
- This role requires commitment to work within a shift rota, including early and late shifts and on-call
As a Market Data Operations Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Degree level qualification for equivalent experience
- Thorough knowledge of Market Data Distribution technologies (Reuters, Bloomberg, Low Latency providers)
- Solid knowledge of consolidated and direct feeds
- Experience in market data content from multiple providers
- Experience with monitoring principals and analysis of alerts
- Good knowledge of network technologies (TCP/IP, UDP, Multicast, Routing Protocols, Security)
- Good working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating environments
- Experience in financial market applications, exchange data and internal trading flows
- Excellent scripting/programming ability (Perl, Bash, Python, Java, C++)
- Experience in Exegy, RFA and Bloomberg market data API's
- Communicates with Impact
- Drives Operational Excellence
- Applies Critical Thinking
- Demonstrable Business Acumen
- Promotes Collaboration
- Influences with Impact
- Dedication and Productivity
- Communication and Interpersonal skills
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.