Market Data Specialist, Market Data Analyst, Equities
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 07 Sep 17
Our client, a London based stock exchange, is seeking a market data specialist. This is a new role responsible for day-to-day market data compliance and reporting. The candidate will help to manage a significant new business revenue stream of.
- Working alongside our Sales team to ensure customer awareness of the new internal policies and procedures.
- Working to define and implement the reporting structures with data vendors.
- Helping to build and maintain an internal repository of market data policy documents, FAQs and standard policy implementation.
- To support and build out a market data database of customer information.
- Assist in setting out the reporting requirements and translating them into the web portal application and reporting templates.
- Maintain customer relationships; dealing with enquiries from member firms about implementation of existing policies. Incorporating feedback/requirements from customers into periodic reviews of technical and commercial offering.
- Market data compliance – monitoring of compliance with the policy requirements by customers.
- Working with finance to ensure vendors and directly billed participants are paying invoices promptly.
- Analysis of vendor submissions to identify variance from previous reports.
- Business development: dealing with enquiries from new vendors/distributors. Identifying new opportunities in this area and feeding back to management.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Experience of working in a market data department at a regulated firm/exchange.
- Exposure to trading techniques and technology an advantage.
- Awareness of the market data industry and practices.
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to changing situations.
- Awareness and understanding of audit function in the market data context.
- Strong multi-tasking and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of current UK and EU regulatory regime.
- Strong troubleshooting, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as on their own.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.