Market Intelligence Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Jupiter Asset Management Ltd
- 16 Aug 18 2018-08-16
The role is within the Client Coverage Group reporting to the Head of Market Intelligence. You will be responsible for giving insight to distribution strategy, supporting product development initiatives and strengthening marketing and distribution pitch messages.
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading fund management companies. Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Singapore, Hong Kong, Sweden, Italy and Spain.
Jupiter is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment and is an equal opportunities employer.
• Provide support to the Distribution teams with detailed competitor portfolio analysis and market dynamics insight.
• Highlight fund specific USPs and produce regular reports containing fund performance analytics and positioning in key peer groups.
• Produce analysis on factors determining the strong performance of key competitor and internal funds. This analysis will enable Distribution and Marketing channels to prepare effective pitches and investment marketing content pieces, where Jupiter’s funds added value is clear.
• Assist strategy and distribution with the understanding of different markets dynamic, market opportunity and the competitor landscape.
• Own the end to end process of client intelligence for UK; aim to automate where possible on data collation, cleansing and mapping. Utilise various sources of information and provide actionable insights.
• Conduct market research which can be used to support innovative product idea (product development as key client).
• Proven experience and background in fund/market research in UK and International markets.
• Experience with fund analysis and selection tools: Financial Express, Morningstar Direct and Bloomberg, Lipper, eVestment.
• Experience in identifying key market dynamics: IA, Financial Clarity, Simfund and Broadridge GMI.
• Knowledge in using or building Tableau.
• Experience in Managing stakeholders across the business: sales managers, sales directors and product directors.
• Working knowledge and understanding of financial markets.
• Basic understanding of FCA regulations and compliance guidelines.
• Knowledge of Investment Marketing/Sales pitch processes.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Strong team player with proven ability to develop good working relationships with colleagues.
• A flexible and proactive approach to work.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent.