- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Base plus bonus and benefits
- Full time
Market Intelligence Associate
Team Overview Market Intelligence is responsible for supporting the product strategy of the firm by delivering insights on market trends. The team will tackle the following areas: • What are the most promising unexploited opportunities for growth? Where will we need to defend? • Are
Market Intelligence is responsible for supporting the product strategy of the firm by delivering insights on market trends. The team will tackle the following areas:
• What are the most promising unexploited opportunities for growth? Where will we need to defend?
• Are market conditions changing in a way that we should be adapting our product, sales and marketing strategy?
• What do our clients want? What are they getting from our competitors and not getting from us?
Overview of role
The main purpose of the role is to analyse the competitor landscape and Schroders’ positioning across its product set covering equities, fixed income, multi asset and alternatives around the world and across channels. The team is small and flat so we are looking for highly driven, proactive individuals who enjoy contributing in a team environment.
• Maintain a strong understanding of Schroders’ funds, peer universes and competitors across asset classes and monitor competitor, product and client demand developments
• Analyse Schroders’ investment product offerings and compare to competing products to support favourable positioning strategies
• Support ad-hoc projects by developing customised research on markets, peer groups and competitors
• Use new technologies and visualisation tools to build best-in-class analytics
• Interest in the asset management industry from a strategic perspective
• Strong analytical, numerical and presentation skills
• Good knowledge of investment products e.g., through the IMC and CFA curriculum
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Team player with excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to establish and maintain effective, cooperative working relationships with all departments and organizational levels
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Proactive approach
• Typical educational requirement: Graduate plus professional qualification requiring relevant work experience.
• Progress toward CFA (or equivalent) preferred
• Ability to use databases such as Lipper, Morningstar, eVestment
• Ability to use Tableau and/or other visualisation tools