Market Leader - US & Europe
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Feb 18 2018-02-18
See job description for details
Join us in London as Market Leader - US & Europe, International
- Joining us in Commercial & Private Banking, this is an opportunity for you to lead and coach a talented team to achieve our growth ambitions, underpinned by a great proposition that can serve a number of needs under a market leading brand
- The focus of this role is bringing to light the best of a British Private Bank to international clients who have UK connectivity
- This role is offered at Executive Director or Managing Director level, depending on your experience
What you'll do
As an integral part of the International & Private Office Senior Leadership team and part of the Private Banking Senior Leadership Team community, we'll look to you not only to manage the growth agenda, but to also the business, colleagues and client activity in accordance with cross border rules and risk appetite policies. You'll lead and motivate two teams (US and Europe) to achieve objectives across the Balanced Business Scorecard (financial, client, risk and people objectives).
You'll be expected to effectively manage and deliver P&L targets from your business, as well as manage a small portfolio of clients directly if required, or generate new business opportunities on behalf of your team. You'll need to manage and coach to engender a high performance, collaborative culture, with development plans and succession plans, so that continuity of great client service and deeper and wider needs met can be achieved in a safe and sustainable way.
Your role will involve:
- In conjunction with the Coverage Head, developing and implement business plans, agreeing targets across all areas and taking full responsibility for achievements
- Setting the team's risk culture
- Overviewing the team and individual performance, analysing performance trends and developing solution to meet business requirements
- Taking responsibility for the line management and development of your direct reports, setting objectives and undertaking the formal appraisal process, ensuring your team have regular performance conversations
- Supporting the identification and management of talent across the business
The skills you'll need
As Market Leader, you'll be a figurehead in your market, taking responsibility for the profile, performance and acquisition of the market they lead - therefore knowledge and experience of the target markets and clients, as well as appreciation for cross border considerations and regulated activity, are ideal.
This is a role that requires you to combine leadership, client and people skills with technical challenge in a high performance and collaborative culture.
- High level knowledge and understanding of Private Banking and Wealth Management market place, clients, products and services
- That you're professionally qualified to QCF level 6 through the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investments (CISI)
- A strong track record and performance or working within a FCA regulated investment or banking advice organisation and working within a Training and Competency framework - (able to meet FCA CF30 standards FCA Fitness & Proprietary principles at all times)
- A proven ability to deliver on stretching targets across the Balanced Business Scorecard
- Evidence of high levels of leadership, influencing and communication skills with the gravitas and ability to support, mentor, coach and develop colleagues whilst identifying and managing talent across the business
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At Coutts, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under the Senior Manager Regime (SMR) of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to approval and regulation. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy several background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check and personal, financial and social conduct assessment, as well as approval by the FCA.
You can find out more about IAR by visiting the Bank of England website and searching for "Individual Accountability Regime".