Market Risk Analyst
This sought-after position offers you an excellent opportunity to join our EMEA, Market Risk team, in London. You will be able to apply your risk skills and prior experience to support our Market Risk team.
Market Risk is concerned with measuring and limiting Macquarie's exposure to adverse movements in markets. Due to the diversity and complexity of the products that Macquarie trades, this is a constantly challenging responsibility, but one that is pivotal to the Macquarie way of doing business.
Key aspects of this role include:
- Market Risk is responsible for setting, monitoring, reporting and enforcing risk limits across all the trading areas of the Group. Reporting risk metrics daily to senior management, including the Managing Director.
- Market Risk approval is required on all new deals and products prior to trading. Whether it is an innovative exotic derivative structure, or the purchase of an entire trading business, Market Risk analysts work closely with the front office to ensure that the risks arising from the new venture are fully understood, and adequately constrained.
- Exposure to a wide range of businesses and products from around the globe, interact regularly with the front office traders to ensure that the market risks arising from day-to-day trading positions are fully understood and managed appropriately within the limit framework.
- Liaise with broad variety of other functions to ensure that the trading systems adequately represent the risk profile of the trading books, and that risk numbers are reported in an accurate and timely manner.
- Monitor market news and trends, which will be vital to understanding and identifying potential risks.
- Operate in a global environment, working with Market Risk staff based in Sydney, Hong Kong, Singapore, London, New York, Houston and Geneva.
You are an experienced Market Risk analyst with 1-3 + years' experience gained within an international financial institution or financial services firm. You will have the ability to balance and switch between detail orientated problem-solving, versus managing higher level strategic activities and objectives. You will bring the ability to sustain a high level of performance under pressure with short deadlines and competing priorities, and you will have a strong analytical ability and judgment. You are a confident communicator with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and able to interact with stakeholders across all levels. You will also hold a bachelor's degree in Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, Economics.
If you're ready to join a global organisation and take your career to the next level, apply now online.
Risk Management Group is an independent, centralised unit responsible for ensuring all risk across Macquarie are appropriately assessed and managed. Its divisions include Credit, Prudential, Capital and Markets, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Compliance, Quantitative Applications and Internal Audit.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.