- £80,000 - £110,000 Base + Excellent Bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclay Simpson
Market Risk Manager
My client is a large international Bank. An opportunity has arisen in the Market Risk Management (MRM) Team (not reporting). The team looks after Credit and IR financial products (flow and exotic). You will set trading limits, investigate breaches and provide ad-hoc analysis
An exciting role in one of the large global banks. Facing off directly to the traders at the very heart of the bank. The role is a MRM role (not leading people, but managing the risk). MRM is shrinking as a discipline in the UK, with fewer roles on a year by year basis. This is an exciting position with an excellent opportunity to learn and grow within one of the comprehensive Market Risk Management teams in London. The role will require you to consider and investigate risks, forming close relationships with the traders and senior colleagues.
The Team & Role:
- The head of the team has responsibility for both Credit and Interest Rate asset classes and will welcome applicants into the team with expertise in either asset class as long as their experience has been within a Market Risk Management rather than reporting context.
- As a part of the team you will be encourage to learn other products and diversify their skills for the benefit of the team and their own knowledge development.
- You will deliver ad-hoc analysis and deep dive investigations.
- You will succinctly distil key information for colleagues.
Does this role suit you?
- Are you a Market Risk Manager seeking to diversify your product knowledge?
- Are you looking for a larger more comprehensive organisation to support you learning and development?
- Do you like engaging with the business and senior management?
- You are likely to come from Market Risk Management roles in other organisations where you are setting trading limits, facing off to challenging traders and supporting senior management.
- You are likely to have strong derivative knowledge and experience with the sensitivities as well as Market Risk tools and methodologies.
- You may be incentivised by the opportunity to diversify their product knowledge and get experience in one of the largest banking firms in the UK.
- To be successful, you will need to be collaborative and have strong interpersonal skills.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, our client believes diversity brings benefits for their customers, their business and their people.
Barclay Simpson embraces equality, diversity and inclusion and seeks to promote their benefits in all of our business activities. We continue to further develop our business culture to encourage, value and manage that belief. We seek to widen the media in which we recruit to ensure as diverse an employee and candidate base as possible. We will strive to make sure that our clients meet their own equality and diversity targets.