- £55,000 - £85,000 Base + Bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclay Simpson
Market Risk Manager - £55-£85,000 Base
My client is one of the leading international banks. A unique opportunity has arisen to work directly for the Managing Director and Regional Head of Market Risk. The role will offer excellent exposure to senior management and the front office.
My client is a leading investment bank with a global presence. The organisation offers exceptional progression opportunities both locally and internationally for top talent with proven paths of progression into trading, projects and other areas of risk management.
Located in London, the team operates as a part of the second line of defence and independent risk management. The team provides active risk management assessment of markets and is supported internationally by a separate risk reporting team. Working closely with traders the role will over influence over limit management through analysis and investigations.
Utilising Market Risk methodologies including VaR and Expected shortfall as well as stress testing and scenario analysis, the successful individual will provide both a holistic understanding of the risk profile and deep dive analysis where required.
The position will require candidates to perform ad-hoc analysis and therefore should have a coding ability to be able to do so.
Applicants as prerequisite must have:
- A strong education to at least BSc level, and preference for a MSc at a leading institution.
- Proven understanding of Risk Management (ideally Market Risk, but this could be Counterparty Risk)
- Coding ability; Python, R, C++, C# or VBA
- Strong product knowledge of either Hedge fund strategies, Interest Rates, Foreign Exchange or Credit
- The ability to work in the UK without the need for sponsorship by the client
My client appreciates candidates who excel in their endeavours, whether this be athletic ability, sports, the arts or education.
If you are interested in this position, please get in touch urgently. Candidates who have worked in other Risk disciplines, or functions may be eligible.