- Negotiable GBP
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Temporary, Full time
Develop your career at the heart of our business
We have an exciting opportunity for a Market Risk Manager to join our Market Risk department, in Triton Square.
The Market Risk department, in the Risk Division, is a dynamic and leading edge function supporting, and adding value, to the Wholesale business (Santander Global Corporate Banking). The business trades an extensive portfolio of Equity, Interest Rate, Credit, Property and Hybrid Derivatives.
The role holder will join the Development team, whose primary role is to deliver change for Market Risk through new product initiatives, systems improvements/migrations and wider bank projects. The individual will focus on the delivery of the FRTB regulatory change project.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Market Risk Manager your main responsibilities will be
- Taking a lead role in the planning, testing and delivery of the FRTB project.
- Liaising with Group and senior management on the status and progress of the project.
- Identifying, resolving and escalating Market Risk issues in a timely manner.
- Working closely with the front office, and various support teams, on a daily basis.
- Improving, designing and implementing processes to automate analysis and reporting, using Excel.
Minimum skills and experience required
- Comprehensive understanding of the FRTB regulatory changes, and the implications for Market Risk, preferably gained through working in a similar role.
- A degree and/or masters in a numerical subject (mathematics, engineering or computer science), or equivalent experience.
- A comprehensive understanding of Risks, VaR, Greeks and Exotic Products.
- A sound understanding of Derivative Products and Markets (ideally Fixed Income and FX).
- Excellent data handling experience including advanced Excel, SQL, Murex. Knowledge of Python a plus.
- The ability to deliver projects and achieve team objectives, under the pressures of a fast paced environment, alongside extensive experience in functional testing and validation of development Market Risk knowledge (PnL calculation and explanation, VaR and Stress VaR analysis).
- Proven ability to explain complex issues to technical and non-technical audiences.
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships.
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It's one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We'll give you more than a job, we'll give you a purpose - to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we're making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We've created an environment where we always put people first, that's why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you'll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What's more, we'll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn't gone unnoticed and we've been listed as one of Britain's Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you're interested in then please apply on the link below.