Market Risk Portfolio – Executive Director
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 26 May 18 2018-05-26
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Risk Management division is at the core of the firm’s activities, and its role is evolving and expanding in line with changing industry standards, regulatory requirements, and commercial pressures. The Risk Management Division comprises a number of Risk coverage and functional Departments, of which the Market Risk Department plays a critical role in delivering independent control and challenge to the business.
The Market Risk Department is responsible for identifying, analysing, measuring, controlling, and reporting market risk exposures generated as a result of both trading and banking activities booked in EMEA and the UK Group. The Department consists of business-facing market risk managers covering the Equities, Fixed Income and the Commodities businesses.
Morgan Stanley is seeking an Executive Director to join its London based Market Risk Portfolio and Stress Testing team (which sits within the Market Risk Department). The successful candidate will lead the cross asset class Market Risk Portfolio function in EMEA and will report directly to the EMEA Head of Market Risk Portfolio and Stress Testing.
• Providing complete, timely, accurate and insightful analysis to Risk Managers and Senior Management.
• Aggregation and analysis of risk and PnL across divisions
• Review and sign-off of IMA model calculations
• Contribution to disclosures and regulatory reporting
• Ensuring that relevant stress tests are being run for the portfolio
• Ensuring that relevant policies, procedures and documentation are maintained and accurate
• Ability to work as an individual and as a team member/leader;
• Strong organisation skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise, including the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high standard;
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to produce concise and effective presentations and clearly communicate complex risk topics;
• Proven management skills. The ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with a network of contacts and coordinate with a large number of stakeholders. This includes Research and IT groups (to develop and implement new risk analysis tools and measures) and Front-Office Strategists and IT (to implement reliable and accurate stress testing methodologies and processes for all products).
Skills required (essential)
• Suitable candidates will have an excellent academic background, including a degree in a quantitative discipline, such as economics, finance, statistics/mathematics, sciences or engineering, as well as a higher degree or PhD related to any of the above areas (or equivalent)
• Candidates will be expected to show good judgment of risks and an understanding of risk areas covered, in particular Fixed Income and Equities, including markets, models and products.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-CL1