The role of the Marketing is to support the Head of Marketing & Communications and Marketing Managers and in delivering the day-to-day marketing activities for the UK and International business. The role encompasses the broad marketing mix with a particular focus on delivering communications and integrated campaigns – developing propositions, creating, copywriting and editing content (internal and external communications), producing marketing material and securing PR coverage. You will also help with marketing/campaign plans, advertising and actively support event management and internal communications. You will work closely with external marketing and PR agencies to design and deliver marketing materials.
- Work directly with the Marketing Managers to execute the marketing strategy and plan; you will be responsible for a significant amount of the content creation – writing and editing copy is the key responsibility
- • Take personal accountability for actively supporting business-wide internal communications from the CEO
- • Produce creative content, such as videos, podcasts and blog posts (including writing and editing), brochures and sales aids, presentations and factsheets
- • Deliver regular client communications/publications e.g. News & Views, Intelligent Investing, Investment Market
- • Day-to-day coordination of press commentary and/or advertorial content (with PR consultant as appropriate)
- • Work directly with the Marketing Manager responsible for event management and act as the ‘go to’ person for London-based client events, as well as providing some support for other client events e.g. third-party conferences, networking events and sponsorships; must be willing to attend events, which may fall outside regular working hours
- • Work closely with the Digital Marketing Manager/Executive to ensure the digital channels leverage and reflect our marketing content, directly using the content management, social media and email systems as necessary
- • Track marketing performance and return on investment and prepare regular reports for management
- • Monitor and report on competitor activity
- • Act as a brand ambassador, both internally and externally, and be responsible for consistent adherence to the firm-wide brand guidelines
- • Ensure all marketing materials/activities are ‘on brief’, client-centric and fully compliant, in line with legal and regulatory requirements; proof read all copy prior to publication
- • Adhere to the marketing procedures and production process (including a full ‘job bag’ for all materials and effective compliance and risk management)
- • Day-to-day point of contact for managing regional office marketing requirements/delivery
- • Manage collateral in terms of stock levels and updating content (brochures, sales aids etc)
- • Ad-hoc projects, as and when they arise
- • Completing a personal development programme, including undertaking any mandatory training.
- 5+ year marketing experience demonstrating a good knowledge and experience of all aspects of general marketing communications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including copywriting and proof- reading skills – able to demonstrate relevant and quality experience
- 3+ years in the financial services industry, including knowledge of financial promotions compliance
- Track record of implementing marketing plans and campaigns that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives
- Print management
- Ability to manage outsourced marketing activities (working with external partners e.g. creative and studio agencies, media agencies, PR agencies and printers)
- Degree or Diploma in Marketing – or a willingness to study for professional qualifications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including copywriting and proof- reading skills
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise
- Able to manage a heavy workload, multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Able to work to a high quality (no proofing errors) and speed to deliver
- Social, confident, resilient and ‘can do’ attitude
- Able to assess creative execution
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Previous experience with CMS, CRM and html would be favourable