Marketing and Distribution Compliance (Alts Platform)
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Aug 18 2018-08-18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Business Unit Overview:
Blackrock’s Compliance Department protects Blackrock’s reputation and provides client focused advice. It understands challenges and advises on the impact of regulation in our business, with the objective of:
- Actively participating in business decisions to champion our clients’ interests;
- Collaborating with the business to position Compliance centrally into their daily work;
- Have client interests at the centre of everything we do;
- Cultivate and enhance the compliance culture within BlackRock;
- Provide thought leadership, analysis and advice on the impact and implementation of regulation on the businesses and its clients; and,
- Developing and fostering excellence within the Compliance team.
This individual will join the EMEA Marketing & Distribution Compliance team to focus on the Alternatives growth strategy and related initiatives, including working closely with the Alternatives business on their sales and marketing content. This is a fantastic opportunity to assist BlackRock using product knowledge and knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements in EMEA, in particular
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/D/V.
FCA Financial Promotions Regulations (e.g. Treating Customers Fairly and COBS 4) and the new MiFID II requirements.
The individual will report to the EMEA Head of Marketing & Distribution Compliance and will also work as part of a larger global team to support the Alternatives business. The role will also involve cross- border distribution, relationship management with internal stakeholders across jurisdictions and delivering on a challenging project pipeline.
- Review and provide advice on sales materials for the Alternatives business, including financial promotions at professional and end investor level
- Provide guidance on regulatory and reputational risk associated with various initiatives
- Participate on working groups with internal stakeholders to support initiatives, including fund launches and associated issues
- Work closely with global colleagues to help develop and ensure consistency of policy approach
- Partner with colleagues within Legal & Compliance on the development and marketing of new products and services
- Advising sales team on cross-border marketing rules and local regulations in EMEA
- Deliver targeted training as needed to internal stakeholders
- Advise on product distribution issues for our retail and institutional client businesses
- Analyze regulatory developments relevant to the Alternatives business
- 5 – 7 years of legal and/or regulatory experience in asset management
- Strong knowledge of Alternatives business and products (private equity and/or hedge funds)
- Experience in application of financial promotion requirements
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- High standard of accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workloads, multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Collaborative team player; ability to work on team projects and also work autonomously
- Detailed knowledge of cross-border marketing rules in EMEA
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.