Markets Risks and Control - AVP
- Salary:£500 per day
- Location:London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type:Contract, Full time
- Company:Alexander Ash Consulting
- Updated on:18 Jun 18
My Client, a Leading bank are looking to hire a AVP for their Markets Risk and Control business. This AVP will work alongside and support the existing Markets business management teams, but specifically be supporting the Risk and Control functions within global Markets.
Key Accountabilities of the AVP
- Understanding and implementing the front office supervision and controls arrangements using the firm’s tools
- Helping to drive control initiatives globally to ensure the business is effectively managing all of its operational and conduct risks.
- Understanding and helping access root cause and mitigating controls for operational losses and errors and developing and improving routines to capture control metrics for reporting Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and developing the Risk and Control Self Assessments of the business
- Performing deep-dives into producer activities and the economics and risks of products to identify control weaknesses or gaps in processes and activities and remediating weaknesses.
- Working with our control partners (operations, Legal, Compliance, Finance, Risk, IT, HR and Audit) to ensure end to end processes for all clients and trade activity are controlled.
- Working with our control partners to update policies, procedures and controls to reflect changes in the regulatory rules (Dodd Frank, EMIR, MIFID etc) that apply to the global business.
- Working with the business control and Business Management teams in each location to ensure that the controls framework is common and effective in each location and responding to local issues.
- Operate within Budgets and Performance Management guidelines
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
The candidate will be expected to negotiate conversations and commitments with a diverse range of stakeholders, up to and including MD level. The candidate should be able to demonstrate leadership, credibility and gravitas.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
The candidate will be expected to be an effective problem solver able to operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment and deliver solutions
Risk and Control Objective
The candidate must have the ability to discuss and resolve complex Risk and Control and Regulatory issues and be able to translate to business requirements
Person Specification of the AVP
The candidate must have product expertise in at least one asset class of Markets - FX, Rates, Commodities, Equities or Credit.
- Relevant degree from tier one University
- Highly organised and with strong attention to detail
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Strong ability to multitask and take initiative
Desirable skills of The AVP
- Ability to influence and negotiate across all areas and levels of the organisation
- Excellent project management skills and ability to prioritize
- Solution focussed and able to operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Can-do attitude who can has experience in delivering change within agreed deadlines