Master Agreement Negotiator
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- ICBC Standard Bank
- 19 Aug 18 2018-08-19
ICBC Standard Bank Plc (ICBCS) is 60% owned by Industrial and Commercial Bank of China and 40% by Standard Bank. ICBCS benefits from a unique Chinese and African parentage and an unrivalled global network and level of expertise. We are looking for a master agreement negotiator to focus on the Initial Margin repapering project within the bank. The role is based in the London Legal Department which is located on the ICBC Standard trading floor.
ICBC Standard Bank Plc (ICBCS) is 60% owned by Industrial and Commercial Bank of China and 40% by Standard Bank. ICBCS benefits from a unique Chinese and African parentage and an unrivalled global network and level of expertise.
ICBCS is a leading financial markets and commodities bank, driven to deliver the right outcomes for our stakeholders, clients, counterparties and the markets in which we operate. We deliver products in an environment which considers the appropriate needs of our clients, whilst providing guidance and expertise to ensure our employees understand our business and uphold the highest levels of conduct. We want passionate and talented individuals who are motivated by high growth potential being achieved in doing business the right way.
Headquartered in London, ICBCS also has operations in Dubai, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore, and New York.
We are looking for a master agreement negotiator to focus on the Initial Margin repapering project within the bank. The role is based in the London Legal Department which is located on the ICBC Standard trading floor.
- The main responsibility will be assisting with repapering the bank's collateral documents to meet the Initial Margin requirements of the Margin on Uncleared Swaps rules (including negotiating Credit Support Annexes and Account Control Agreements).
- Involvement in negotiation of other master agreement documentation as it arises.
- Administration necessary for the role, including updates to negotiation database, archiving documents, preparing execution copies.
Experience required to successfully perform the role:
- Experience in a busy negotiation team.
- Experience in negotiating Initial Margin documentation (Credit Support Documents and Account Control Agreement) is preferred.
- Legal qualification is preferred but not required.
- Prior master agreement negotiation experience.
Knowledge, technical skills and expertise:
- Understanding of risk and control.
- Understanding of the legal concepts relevant to master agreement negotiation including netting, netting opinions, collateral opinions.
- Understanding of the regulatory requirements in relation to Variation and Initial Margin under EMIR and Dodd Frank.
- Experience of liaising with other departments during the negotiation process and taking instructions from the business and credit.
- IT skills and an ability to carry out work in an efficient and organized manner.
- Experience in keeping work in progress records up to date and disseminating information with regard to executed documentation.
The role would suit someone who is:
- Organised and efficient
- A team player - happy to share knowledge and know-how
- Able to react quickly and calmly to changes in priorities
- Able to handle pressure to get documents executed quickly
- Able to develop good working relationships with internal and external clients and with other departments within ICBC Standard
- Happy to take on responsibility for other agreements also
- Able to assist in reconciliations/document-related projects as they arise