Media Relations Manager - ESG & Talent D&I
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 21 May 18 2018-05-21
Media Relations Manager - ESG & Talent D&I
Corporate Title: Vice President (VP)
Line of Business: International Marketing & Corporate Affairs
We are seeking to appoint a Media Relations Manager to sit within the EMEA Corporate Communications team.
As the successful candidate you will be responsible for providing end-to-end external communications & marketing support to BofAML's Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) and Talent / Diversity & Inclusion teams. You will work in close collaboration with the ESG, Employee Engagement & HR teams both in EMEA & globally. The position is London-based & reports to the Head of International Communications.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a global team that plays a key role in shaping the bank's culture, communicating to external stakeholders, the company's focus on responsible growth.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Engaging in the company's critical efforts around ESG, particularly in diversity & inclusion; a commitment to be the best place to work; and a focus on local engagement with clients & communities
- Developing creative & strategic communication plans that allow for engaging & meaningful messaging that protect & promote the bank's brand
- Serving as a trusted advisor to ESG & Talent leads, and Employee Network chairs, providing comprehensive communication expertise & content
- Setting priorities for & managing BofAML's London-based ESG-focused PR agency
- Setting priorities for and counselling further PR agencies across EMEA
- Advising on appropriate channels to reach key stakeholders & obtain maximum impact - print, online, social media
- Creating content & working with in-house creative agency to develop collateral
- Leveraging research & internal insight to gain deep understanding of our business, ESG focus, clients & competitors
- Ensuring that relevant Global Banking & Markets messaging & focus are included in Enterprise-led projects - public facing websites; ESG annual report; factsheets & company narrative
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Significant experience with a demonstrated history of success in designing & executing comprehensive, external communications strategies
- Demonstrate a passion for ESG and D&I in financial services
- The ability to see the bigger picture whilst understanding the granular
- Must thrive in a high intensity environment with multiple & competing priorities and have the ability to balance risk/reward trade-offs
- Outstanding written & verbal communication skills
- Good relationship management & interpersonal skills across all levels
- The ability to be a trusted advisor, and a team player with a hands-on approach
- Subject matter expertise spanning multi-media and multi-generational audiences
- Able to design & lead on initiatives, establish priorities & achieve results
- Proven ability to anticipate & provide advice & commentary around media-trending topics
- Able to identify potential risks, mitigate controls & ensure solid risk governance processes
- Unquestionable business & personal integrity & values congruent with those of the organisation
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.