Merchant Banking, Growth Equity Associate, London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We invest in corporate equity and debt, real estate equity and debt, and infrastructure-related assets and companies. Merchant Banking operates on a global platform and our team works in a fast-paced, exciting environment. We look for individuals with versatile skills and a passion for investing. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and ergonomic services to wellbeing and resilience offerings, we offer our people the flexibility and support they need to reach their goals in and outside of the office.
The Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division ("MBD") invests both the firm's own capital and capital raised from outside investors in corporate equity, corporate debt, real estate and infrastructure assets world-wide. The work is deal-focused and exciting, and will bring you in contact with a wide range of businesses, industries, investment structures and products.
Growth Equity seeks to partner with visionary technology founders and CEOs to build enduring, category-defining business by harnessing the global network and deep industry expertise of Goldman Sachs. The group invests across the Americas, Europe and Asia seeking to maximize investment value through financial and operational value creation. MBD seeks long-term capital appreciation by committing equity to high quality companies with strong management. We seek to generate superior returns in a variety of situations, including growth investments, leveraged buy-outs and recapitalizations across a range of industries and geographies.
Associates in Growth Equity work as part of small teams that are responsible for the acquisition and management of investments. You will be involved in a wide range of high profile transactions, which might include growth equity and venture capital investments, management buy-outs, add-on acquisitions, build ups, recapitalizations and dispositions. Responsibilities
- Understanding complex financial modeling
- Undertaking significant due diligence responsibilities
- Sourcing new investment opportunities
- Participating in investment approval process
- Learning to develop investment theses
- Review and analyze investment opportunities across a range of industry segments
- Participating in structuring, negotiating and documenting investments
- Building relationships with management teams and partners
- Helping monitor and manage existing investments and portfolio companies
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Strong financial analysis/modeling experience
- Ability to adapt quickly to a variety of industries and businesses
- Ability to self-direct, analyze and evaluate and form independent judgments
- Investment acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact and build relationships with a wide range of people
- Detail orientation
- Teamwork orientation
- For candidates applying in EMEA, European language skills are a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity