Microsoft Dynamics CRM Technical LeadABOUT OCTOPUS
Octopus is a fast-growing company with more than 700 employees. Since we launched in 2000, we've established market leading positions across financial services, healthcare and energy.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Octopus Labs is the fintech innovation unit of the Octopus Group. We fuse track record and technology, expertise and UX, to build financial products the way they should be: trustworthy, rewarding and easy-to-use.
Octopus currently has an opening for a highly skilled Microsoft Dynamics CRM technical lead\senior developer to work on our enterprise level 2016 CRM instance. You will be working closely with the product managers and other members of the engineering team to maintain and enhance our heavily customised CRM system. We have a very good offshore team of Dynamics developers and you will have an appreciation of the challenges of working with remote teams. You will be considered the SME on Dynamics and will be expected to define and enforce good practice when developing the system. We operate in a fast paced, agile development environment and you need to be comfortable with change.
The role will be to be the technical lead on the development and maintenance of our Dynamics CRM instance, duties will include:
- Defining and enforcing best practice for developing Dynamics CRM systems
- Performing all releases and updates to production instance.
- Close collaboration with product owners, offshore developers, and business users.
- Creating technical designs and ensuring enhancements fit into the larger Octopus architecture.
- Undertaking code reviews and being accountable for the quality of the deliverables.
- Planning and undertaking large scale data migrations from legacy CRM systems.
As well as evidence of having performed the duties outlined above the successful candidate will have:
- An appreciation of working in a regulated environment and the importance of keeping customer data secure.
- Experience of working in Agile development environments, and knowledge of DevOps working patterns.
- Solid C# coding skills, and experience of developing and implementing Dashboards, Entities, Forms, Views, Plugins, Workflows, and Reports.
- Knowledge of how to integrate Dynamics instances with other systems.
- An understanding of microservices architecture and working with API's.
- Experience of working on large scale decommissioning\migration projects
- Experience with working with offshore development teams
- Octopus Labs is driving innovation and technical change throughout the Octopus Group
- As an entrepreneurial company, there are constantly new opportunities and so nothing stays the same for long
- Started in a bedroom 18 years ago and still run by the same founders we have a strong entrepreneurial flair and a culture of always asking questions
- Stunning central London offices
- Flexible working
- Competitive salary + benefits
- Diverse / multinational team
- We're happy for you to keep working on your side-projects.
- We support 10% of your week being dedicated to you and your personal growth
In our office at 33 Holborn
- Be helpful
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place. So, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile.
- Be straightforward
Life is complicated enough. Don't make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
- Be bold
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you've got a great idea, don't keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high-performance culture.