Middleware Engineer - Foundational Infrastructure
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB WHO WE ARE
Goldman Sachs is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net-worth individuals.
Founded in 1869, it is one of the oldest and largest investment banking firms. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Bangalore, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world.
We are committed to growing our distinctive Culture and holding to our core values which always place our client's interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles , which emphasise integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork. BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW Foundational Infrastructure
provides global thought leadership, solution development, delivery and support for a broad suite of technology products and services at Goldman Sachs. It leverages global expertise to develop leading-edge technology solutions that meet business demands and differentiate the firm's technology offerings in the marketplace. Technology Infrastructure enables the operation of the firm by managing an extensive compute platform and global communication networks, while addressing technology, compliance and reputational risk and resilience. Your Impact
Middleware Engineering within Foundational Infrastructure is responsible for providing an opinionated, standardized set of tools and services to enable building of middleware applications at the firm, where middleware consists of Databases, Big data & Messaging systems. The hiring team is primarily responsible for designing and implementing various automation solutions for the various database platforms - on-prem and public cloud. Databases are the repositories of a company's most critical information, and are typically the most complex part of the application stack and we help the firm's business by providing processes and tools to make database tasks reliable, simpler and safer. Responsibilities
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Basic Qualifications
- Design and develop high performance applications using latest technologies (Java/J2EE, RxJava)
- Meet with the application users to elicit/understand software requirements, assess feasibility of proposed changes, and compile measures/deliverables
- Analyze, design, develop, test, and support enterprise applications.
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing, perform unit and integration testing and troubleshoot and debug applications
- Understand business needs, facilitating and developing process workflow, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation
- Participate in technical specifications, high level/detailed design, test and implementation plans
- Support users in resolving issues by troubleshooting, providing workarounds, or escalating to technology management
- Work with a global team.
- Provide technical and functional guidance and leadership to junior members on a need basis
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science engineering or related disciplines.
- 3+ years of experience as full stack application developer
- Strong understanding of Java/J2EE concepts, experience with Spring DI
- Experience in API management, usage and development
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design principles, SDLC, Testing and Code Quality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience speaking to technical and business audiences
- Comfortable with multi-tasking and working as part of a global team
- Can apply a passionate & entrepreneurial approach to problem solving and product development
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills coupled with the maturity to exercise sound judgment
- Highly motivated and willing to learn and adapt to new technologies
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience in RxJava
- Experience in AWS
- Experience with the micro-services architecture pattern
- Experience in scripting in SQL
- Experience with Workflow, Database platforms
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity