Mobile Developer (Angular, Cordova)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 08 Nov 17 2017-11-08
Building mobile applications with at least 2 app store available applications where they have had a key role.
Highlights of department:
(Please give an overview of the business area and describe current and future project/areas that the candidate will be working).
- Research IT develops IT systems for the Global Research department of Global Banking and Markets. The IT systems are used mainly in the production and distribution of research publications.
- Research IT comprises an on-shore team (based in the UK) and an off-shore team (based in India). This setup has been in place since 2004, and has a very successful and positive working relationship between the locations and with the business.
- Research IT work with an Agile methodology utilising a combination of Scrum and Kanban working practices. Developers are expected to be part of a team that will drive business analysis, design, development, testing and release processes.
- The role requires
- Expert in material design, responsive design.
- Expert in OO Typescript development.
- Competence in Ionic, Karma, Jasmine, Linting, webpack, gulp.
- Competence in SAAS
- Competence in Restful APIs
- Competence in design tools
- Competence in SQL Server/Sybase/Oracle
- Competence in Build tools - Jenkins
- Knowledge of Agile development techniques
- Competence in Test driven development and associated frameworks
- Knowledge of Selenium, BDD and system testing
- Competence in Continuous integration
- Competence in scripting languages - csh, bash, perl, groovy
Purpose of the job:
- The main purposes of the role are to
- Be co-responsible for design and development of the Research web content and enable it to be viewed on multiple devices.
- Work within an agile development team leading the development of solutions based on business requirements.
- Liaise closely with business representatives to drive out the business requirements and define user stories and acceptance tests.
- Mentor and pair with fellow developers to ensure quality of code and automated tests.
(Please describe the role that the Candidate will be undertaking within the team)
- Turning business requirements to a successful web content design.
- Work as part of a development team, writing code to high standards and ensuring that test and quality processes are adhered to.
- Testing and verifying changes to applications.
- Facilitating user acceptance testing of releases. Adhere and contribute to all departmental guidelines and procedures.
- Adhere to the best practices, standards and policies outlined in the various IT Functional Instruction Manuals.
- Report progress to IT Project Manager
- Provide input to performance reviews of team members
- Be aware of relevant industry developments and keep relevant skills up to date.
The following experience is mandatory:
Web development industry.
- Building mobile applications with at least 2 app store available applications where they have had a key role.
- Very experienced building mobile applications using Ionic / Angular.
- Creating automated tests for mobile applications.
- Developing mobile apps for both Android and iOS.
- Working within and have an understanding of the UK/American accessibility standards.
- SQL database skills in one or more of Sybase, SQLServer, Oracle
- Structured approach to problem solving and requirements analysis
- Good GUI skills
- Good knowledge of Sybase, Oracle, SQL Server
- Familiarity with the following: Websphere, java, C#, photoshop
- Skills in scripting languages - bash, , csh, Perl, Groovy