Model Validation Specialist VP (Credit & Securitisation)
Global investment bank seeks VP level Model Validation Specialist Quant to cover Credit and Securitisation Models.
Model Risk Management's mission is to independently and actively
manage model risk globally in line with the bank's risk appetite with
responsibility for performing robust independent model validation that
provides effective challenge to the model development process and
includes identification of conditions for use, methodological
limitations that may require adjustments/overlays and validation
findings that require remediation.
• Reviewing, analysing and testing derivative models for pricing
and risk management of credit and securitisation derivative products.
• Reviewing and challenge the mathematical and theoretical
soundness of models, independently check implementation of those
models, assess the suitability of them for the quantity modelled and
independently implement models / products in a managed C++ library
(requires a good understanding of the mathematical models used,
implementation methods, products traded and the associated risks).
• Developing and set state-of-the-art validation approaches and
standards adhering to current and upcoming regulatory requirements.
• Delivering timely and high quality validation reports for end
of day pricing models.
• Discussing with key model stakeholders including: Front Office
Trading; Front Office Quants; Market Risk Managers; and Finance
• Engaging in management of Model Risk to assure model risk
requirements (e.g. as outlined in SR11-7) are met.
• Engaging with model developers and owners and communicating in
a structured manner with wider model risk stakeholders on every aspect
of the model risk management lifecycle (e.g. model developer
documentation submissions, validation outcomes, compensating controls
model risk assessment and ongoing model performance monitoring
Qualifications & Skills:
• Post-graduate qualification (or equivalent qualification /
work experience) in a numerate subject such as mathematics, physics,
statistics, finance (PhD or equivalent is not required but would be
• Experience in model validation, other quantitative risk
management role or Front Office quantitative discipline / quant role.
• Strong understanding in financial markets (especially
derivative pricing) demonstrated by qualifications and experience.
• Excellent mathematical ability with an understanding of
Stochastic Calculus, Partial Differential Equations, Monte-Carlo
Methods, Finite Difference Methods, and Numerical Algorithms.
• A deep understanding of credit and/or securitisation models.
• Experience coding with additional programming languages in a
managed codebase (e.g. C++ and Python) is a distinct advantage.
• Excellent communication skills - both written and oral.
• Previous experience of regulatory and audit interaction and
familiarity with the broader industry and regulatory environment a
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.