The main purpose of the role is to monitor the activities of a portfolio of Appointed Representatives (ARs") and AIFMs such that risks can be assessed and managed. In particular:
- Carrying out ongoing monitoring as per the CMP.
- Developing deep relationships with the portfolio of ARs and meeting their needs; escalating issues and identifying offboarding risks where appropriate.
- Identifying risks and producing management information (MI) in accordance with the Risk Management Framework.
- Collaborating with colleagues from RegCom and the wider IQ-EQ group.
- Assisting with the delivery of the business plan for the Monitoring team and contributing to meeting team objectives.
- Enhancing own understanding of regulatory landscape and taking learning opportunities that are offered.
- Taking responsibility for own progression including learning & development objectives.
- Following the set policies and procedures around managing conduct risk and appropriate AR oversight.
- Adhering to all company and IQ-EQ Group policies and procedures.
- 2+ years' experience undertaking compliance monitoring within financial services with an asset management focus.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, law or related field, or relevant professional industry qualifications.
- Experience within the investment fund industry, with a knowledge of AIFMD including policies and processes for alternative investment funds, and wealth management policies and processes.
- Strong time management and organizational abilities.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Candidates with experience in an AIF, UCITS or investment manager are preferred.
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices. Company description
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.