- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Nov 17
Moody's MIT Undergraduate Programme - 2018
Location: London, England, United KingdomJOB DESCRIPTION
The MIT Undergraduate Program gives recent graduates an opportunity to develop their technical and professional skills, while learning the Moody's business. Working within Moody's IT requires both professional competencies as well as technical skills to be effective and to add value to the team. The successful candidate will develop their skills through on-the-job experiences, classroom and web-based training tailored to the graduate entry level role.
The job opportunity being offered will start in summer 2018 will include an opportunity in one of the following areas:
Moody's Information Technology (MIT) is in the middle of a multi-year, multi-program, large scale IT transformation to enable a complex business transformation effort with a $250-300M technology investment. An IT Transformation Office has been set up to provide cross-program management services to enable, support and drive successful and high quality delivery of business value within the Strategic Roadmap Programs in collaboration with the Business Transformation Program.
The Transformation Office team supports the Moody's IT Roadmap through alignment to programs and provides Project Management Office (PMO) services to track program progress, monitor risks through closure, identify dependencies and understands impact of change requests to ensure delivery is met on time, budget and in scope. The team also has a delivery focus for each application release from the System Integration Testing (SIT) though Go-Live as well as project managing the decommissioning of legacy applications as the Roadmap Programs applications are implemented into production.
Team members are based both in the US and UK and work collaboratively in order to ensure our objectives are met. The Transformation Office interact with program and project leads on a daily basis, therefore there is great opportunity to regularly work with senior members of staff.
• Project Management
• Business Analysis
• Release Management
• Change Management
• Risk Management
• Environment Management
The application support team provides day to day operational support for business services and applications across Moody's. The team is responsible for ensuring that any application issues across our portfolio are resolved and communicated in a timely manner.
Joining this team will give the candidate an ability to understand how to support Moody's applications and workflows, liaising with our customers on the resolution, and aide with escalations. This role may also involve major incident management, where we facilitate and own the process for resolving high severity incidents such as unavailability of printing all the way up to a data centre being unavailable. We provide communications to our stakeholders and management to keep them updated on the incident. After our incident management role we work closely with the application developers provide data on areas to focus for improvement, providing metrics on what issues have been seen on a monthly basis.
This role is fast paced as we work to tight time driven process'. The team is based in Hong Kong, India, London and New York which also includes a managed service vendor.
• Incident Management (including Serious Incidents)
• Problem Management - System improvements to prevent future incidents
• Relationship management - Liaising with our customers on service issues
• Continual Service Improvement - Providing data to help prioritise feedback on enhancements and issues.
REQUEST MODULE FULFILMENT
The candidate would assist in the tracking of an agile development project. Maintaining service level objectives (SLOs) in the central catalogue to ensure all information is accurate and up to date. Improving end user experience by tracking the development of stories for continuous improvement within ServiceNow. Serve as project management support to ensure appropriate planning to drive towards releases.
Project activities example: New joiner Technical Request Form (TRF)
This project involves building a form to collect the data by Role/Job Title and Line of Business, liaise with stakeholders to populate the form with information which can then be uploaded to ServiceNow in order to pre-populate the new joiner TRF.
• Project Management
• Presentation and delivery skills
• Problem Solving
• End User Service improvements
Moody's Information Technology (MIT) is a fast-growing, high-energy organization providing technology solutions and services to enable the Moody's mission, which is to be the world's most respected authority serving risk-sensitive financial markets.
OVERALL SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field with a minimum 2:1
- Work or internship experience where professional and technical skills were leveraged to deliver solutions and solve problems
- Strong documentation skills related to technical writing, executive communications, and project deck execution
- Strong process orientation, problem solving and troubleshooting skills, and a firm commitment to quality
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, with a high degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Able to learn and adapt quickly in a fast paced environment
- Partners with stakeholders in understanding and creating opportunities and in making timely choices.
- Works collaboratively with other team members and builds positive working relationships
- Open and accepting of other employee's views and ideas
- Open and transparent in style and approach when working with others
- Proficient in MS Office suite of products
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.