Murex Business Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS UK
- 14 Aug 18 2018-08-14
Murex Business Analyst
As a Business Analyst within Feature Team, you will be acting as a champion understanding the capabilities of Murex off the shelf and how could it be configured, enhanced and integrated with the existing technology stack to deliver the solutions for the evolving business, changing regulations, simplification of processes and resolution of operational issues.
You will be working closely with both, the business stakeholders and the technology teams, acting as a bridge; understanding the business requirements and issues; proposing robust technical solutions; and translating the business needs into the clear, concise and unambiguous specifications. Hence enabling the technical teams to deliver the changes with a quick turnaround.
Your role will be in the Murex program team in London (the team is a global team). The Murex program is a large strategic initiative to replatform UBS's rates, credit and FX businesses onto Murex from the various legacy systems on which they currently run. The objectives for the program are:
• Massively simplify the Fixed Income technology environment
• Increase operational control and efficiency
• Enable our regulatory agenda
• Establish the building blocks for a more cost effective operating model
• Support revenue in all products
The program is run across the business and technology, involving both permanent and vendor staff. It is recognised within the industry as a transformative program that ensures UBS's platform is uniquely well placed to face the new challenges of the industry.
Your experience and skills
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Representing the Business interests in all aspects of change delivery.
• Conducting survey, analysing and evaluating processes, data, products and services to formulate solutions that meet business requirements.
• Eliciting and documenting business requirements within the standards laid down by the programme.
• Designing solutions and producing design artefacts which consider all aspects of design (functional, process etc).
• Assist in quality control ensuring that the solutions are robustly tested covering all varied use cases, aiming at seamless transition and acceptance of the changes by business.
• Managing the transition into a production state and handover to "run the bank" post stabilization
• Assisting in project management of deliveries by laying down the dependencies and highlighting risks or issues.
• Developing effective relationships and managing stakeholders across the Business, Technology and the wider organization across front office, middle office and other functions within the bank like treasure, risk, finance and compliance.
To succeed in this role, you will rely on a mix of business, technical and soft skills ie you :
• Have a good understanding of UBS Business front to back in Rates and Credit space with :
o Excellent grasp of capital markets activities and of common financial products in rates and credit space (IRS, Bonds, Futures, FRAs, CDS, Interest Rates Options , Inflation products)
o Detailed understanding of trade lifecycle and business processes managed by FO and MO end users.
o Detailed understanding of various types of market data and risk and valuation methodologies.
o Good understanding of industry practices and external service providers in the industry (Markitwire, Trioptima, CLS, Depositories etc.) and current regulations in the Rates and Credit space.
o Detailed understanding of how/why UBS uses the supported Murex modules
o Detailed understanding of the business/regulatory/operational needs for the MX features used in each module by UBS
• Have a good understanding of the Mx.3 platform (Primarily FO, BO modules and reporting capabilities) to be able to propose solutions and assist the technical teams throughout implementation.
• Proven analytical skills: Ability to analyse, efficiently interpret and capture complex processes and large amount of information and data in clear and concise manner.
• Critical thinking and problem solving capabilities: To be able to provide innovative solutions to business problems and to be able to spot the dependencies, risks and issues throughout the delivery lifecycle.
• A willingness to learn: We are continuously on boarding new desks on the Murex platform and hence application is continuously evolving in line with new platform features build to support evolving business and regulations. Hence the team is expected to quickly learn and support the clients based on these continuous evolutions.
• A flexible mindset: changes in scope, timelines and priorities can and do happen; at such times, an adaptable approach is required.
• Good communication and stakeholder management skills.
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?