Murex Functional Tester
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS UK
- 17 Aug 18 2018-08-17
Murex Functional Tester
As a functional tester for Mx.3 software at UBS you will be working closely with the rest of the feature team to ensure that the continuous developments and resolutions are released with utmost quality and do not negatively impact the existing functionalities. Your aim will be to ensure the overall quality of all Murex releases and to enhance the quality and performance of the system. Your responsibilities will include
- Designing robust test cases, based on documented functional specifications and technical design, targeting specific changes.
- Executing test cases, analysing results and gathering evidences.
- Developing test data and scripts for test automation.
- Managing defects and assisting the development teams and business analysts in root cause analysis of issues.
- Assisting the project manager and test managers to define and manage the test strategy and test plans by providing robust estimates and highlighting and analysing any potential risks and their impact.
- Evaluating testing practices and tools to improve the testing process and quality of the software
- Proactively identify opportunities to automate certain areas of testing with a view to minimize manual testing.
Your role will be in the Murex program team in London (the team is a global team). The Murex program is a large strategic initiative to replatform UBS's rates, credit and FX businesses onto Murex from the various legacy systems on which they currently run. The objectives for the program are:
- Massively simplify the Rates & Credit technology environment
- Increase operational control and efficiency
- Enable our regulatory agenda
- Establish the building blocks for a more cost effective operating model
- Support revenue in all products
The program is run across the business and technology, involving both permanent and vendor staff. It is recognized within the industry as a transformative program that ensures UBS's platform is uniquely well placed to face the new challenges of the industry.
Your experience and skills
To succeed in this role, you will rely on a mix of business, technical and soft skills ie you :
- Have a good understanding of Business front to back in Rates and Credit space.
- Good grasp of capital markets activities and of common financial products in rates and credit space (IRS, Bonds, Futures, FRAs, CDS, Interest Rates Options , Inflation products)
- Good understanding of trade lifecycle and business processes managed by FO and MO end users.
- Good understanding of various types of market data.
- Good understanding of risk and valuation methodologies.
- Good understanding of how/why UBS uses the supported Murex modules
- Good understanding of the business/regulatory/operational needs for the MX features used in each module by UBS
- Have a good understanding of the Mx.3 platform (Primarily FO, BO Datamart and Reporting and Batch Modules) to be able to navigate the system in order to execute the test cases and perform the preliminary analysis of issues.
- Do not need to be a developer but should be comfortable working with the technical tools such as Unix, Shell Scripting and SQL, XML, MxML, FixML.
- Should ideally have some experience in test automation and usage of automation tools like MxTest / Onyx, Tosco etc.
- Should have extensive experience using test and defect management tools (Eg Quality Center)
- Proven analytical skills: ability to analyze and efficiently interpret data and test results and recommend appropriate actions.
- Critical thinking capabilities: provide input on test plans, test assessments and risk analysis.
- A willingness to learn: We are continuously on boarding new desks on the Murex platform and hence application is continuously evolving in line with new platform features build to support evolving business and regulations. Hence the team is expected to quickly learn and support the clients based on these continuous evolutions.
- A flexible mindset: changes in scope, timelines and priorities can and do happen; at such times, an adaptable approach is required.
- Good communication skills: as well as inter team communication, you must report and present a high level analysis of results and risks, as well as suggesting required actions. You need to gain buy-in from all associated stakeholders to agree ways forward and future testing strategies.
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?