.NET, C# & WPF Developer
Join us as a .NET, C# & WPF Developer
What you'll do
- This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven software engineer to take on a new challenge
- You'll apply widely agreed software engineering principles and methodologies to design, develop, test and maintain applications and services
- Leverage your .NET expertise in a high profile development position, working within a small dedicated team, to deliver innovative and market-leading solutions for our NatWest Markets' Global eFX Trading Desk
This is a hands-on development role, focusing on graphically rich client applications that support order placement , real-time position, P&L and price information, and historical price analysis . You'll align to the bank's architectural direction and principles, and make sure that the applications and services being built adhere to them.
You'll be liaising with lead engineers, architects, business analysts and other key stakeholders to understand the objectives and requirements. You'll also be driving and delivering well thought out estimates after a thorough consideration of design, build and testing of complexity and maintainability and serviceability. And y ou'll be working in a close partnership with business stakeholders to deliver solutions for the internal trading des ks.
It'll also be your responsibility to:
The skills you'll need
- Drive the design and development of reusable libraries and APIs for use across the organisation
- Design and develop software that is amenable for a greater automation of build, release testing and deployment process on all environments
- Drive the reuse and sharing of platform components and technologies within the software engineering teams
- Deliver software components to enable the delivery of platforms, applications and services
- Write unit and integration tests, in automated test environments to ensure code quality
We're looking for a talented and highly motivated .NET Developer, who has a significant amount of experience building graphical user interfaces in WPF. Ideally you will also have foreign exchange front office investment banking experience .
You'll need a background in software engineering, software design or database design and architecture, as well as experience of developing software in a SOA or micro-services paradigm. You should also have development experience in a programming language, experience of using industry recognised frameworks and development tooling, and a background of implementing programming best practice, especially around scalability, availability and performance.
You'll also need:
- Significant C# development experience producing high quality, scalable, testable and modularised code supporting critical business applications on an enterprise scale
- Experience of test-driven development alongside the use of automated test frameworks, mocking and stubbing and unit testing tools
- Knowledge of the key phases of software delivery lifecycle and established software development methodologies
- Experience of working in an environment where products are delivered to specific timescales
- An understanding of how to translate product and business requirements into technical solutions
- The ability to understand and support, modify and maintain systems and code developed by other engineering teams