- Salary + Benefits + Bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- 20 Nov 17
Salary: Salary + Benefits + Bonus
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
Team Overview Schroders Global Technology (GT) function is organised into a number of teams, distributed across Schroders’ global offices, with technology hubs in London, Luxembourg, Singapore and New York. The software engineering and technology change function is split between 4 domains: Investment, Portfolio
Schroders Global Technology (GT) function is organised into a number of teams, distributed across Schroders’ global offices, with technology hubs in London, Luxembourg, Singapore and New York.
The software engineering and technology change function is split between 4 domains: Investment, Portfolio Operations and Data; Distribution and Product; Corporate and; Digital. In addition there are teams which operate as shared services to provide Technology Infrastructure, Production Services (production support, release and access control), Quality Assurance, Information Security and Business Management (change management, assurance and reporting).
Our application estate is comprised mainly of commercially available off the shelf software packages best suited to Schroders’ operational needs, complimented by a number of internally developed proprietary systems to support the specific needs of the clients and products that our colleagues support.
The Global Technology vision is to ensure a stable operating environment that can function at multiple speeds, that focuses on value delivered to our external and internal customers. With a culture of excellence through collaboration, innovation and continuous improvement, Global Technology will enable Schroders to deliver the best outcomes for clients and shareholders.
In order to ensure that the emergent technology needs of our clients, regulators and internal stakeholders are able to be met quickly and effectively Schroders is undertaking the Leading Enterprise Agile Programme (LEAP) within Global Technology. In order to ensure this is achieved without compromising the stability and security of the platform, Schroders Global Technology is implementing a bespoke agile operating model, based on the SAFe methodology, which ensures that technology support and infrastructure is unaffected and the requisite governance and control is in place.
Overview of role
Agile Analysts are core members of the Capability aligned agile delivery team, responsible for contributing to all aspects of the analysis, design, development, building and testing of solutions within a sprint cadence. Each team member is aligned to a single Capability aligned agile team and, while the Agile Analyst’s core contribution will be leading the analysis and design aspects of software development, they also contribute to development and testing activities. They are also responsible for managing their own work, estimating its complexity and size, determining technical design (within architectural guidelines) and contributing to the continuous improvement of their agile team. The team members rely heavily on collaboration and communication and must place great emphasis on Agile Values and Principles in order to achieve a sustainable high performing status.
• Support Capability (Product) Owners and Epic Owners/ Analysts to ensure that features and stories to be delivered by the Capability team are suitably well defined and structured
• Responsible for leading analysis tasks which contribute to the delivery of working software required by the Capability (Product) Owner
• Responsible for contributing to the analysis, development, build and testing of working software required by the Capability (Product) Owner
• Accountable for ensuring user stories are delivered to the ‘working system’ definition of done within agreed sprint
• Accountable for ensuring committed PI Objectives and Sprint Objectives are met
• Responsible contributing to agile planning, including sizing stories, parsing user stories into tasks etc.
• Working with colleagues from other agile teams and shared service teams to both communicate and accept dependencies
• Supporting the System Team in readiness for the System Demo
• Participate enthusiastically and effectively in Schroders Agile ceremonies
• Ensuring continued improvement through conducting regular retrospective reviews and executing high priority actions that emerge
• Committing to increasing their skills and experience in non-core specialisms (Dev, Test)
• Supporting other team members to improve their analysis skills where it is their non-core specialism
• Performing the role of Scrum Master for the agile team if required to do so
General and Technical skills
• Excellent understanding of institutional client on-boarding and associated client lifecycle activities.
• Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies, ideally SAFe
• Knowledge and experience of using business analysis techniques, methodologies and artefacts to support agile software development
• Some knowledge and experience of development or testing skills and tools and common programming languages is preferred
• Experience of working with global colleagues and stakeholders and sensitivity to cultural differences, time zones etc.
• Design and support the development and implementation of automated processes to support the client lifecycle.
• Knowledge and experience of contributing to the development of technology solutions, both in house developed bespoke applications and commercially available off the shelf solutions
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
• Educated to at least undergraduate degree level or equivalent
• Basic professional qualifications relating to the asset management industry (such as IMC) and business analysis (such as ISEB) are preferred
• Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
• Friendly, approachable and collaborative team player who enjoys working with people from across the firm
• Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement
• Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.