Join us as a .NET Developer
What you'll do
- Leverage your .NET expertise in a high profile development position, working within the Currencies Trading Technology team to lead on innovative and market-leading solutions for NatWest Markets
- It's is a hands on lead development role, focusing on server-side technologies that support trade capture and lifecycle management for currency options products
- We'll look to you to apply your technical mindset and experience as we move to future-state cloud-compatible technology
You'll take responsibility for the end-to-end delivery of strategic and tactical projects, delivering agreed business outcomes and coordinating various technology and change teams to achieve this. We'll look to you to make sure that project deliverables can achieve customer goals, within a well-considered total cost of ownership, as well as making sure that the reputation of the bank is built, safeguarded, and kept foremost in the mind, while interacting with all stakeholders.
You'll also be:
The skills you'll need
- Making sure that work done is aligned to the principles of software development across the bank
- Delivering architectural and functional improvements that will have a positive impact on our technology estate and business
- Driving and contributing to the technology strategy roadmap
- Understanding and incorporating requirements originating from the programmes in which the project team is involved
- Influencing delivery plans and coordinating delivery across multiple projects and deliverables
We're looking for a talented .NET Developer, ideally with foreign exchange front office investment banking experience. Experience in leading and managing development teams will be required, as will knowledge of the key phases of software delivery lifecycles and established software development methodologies.
You'll also need significant C# development experience producing high quality, scalable, testable and modularised code supporting critical business applications on an enterprise scale.
You'll also bring:
- Good knowledge of technical architecture and the functionality of applications used to support the business
- Experience of driving change through to a successful conclusion
- Experience of working in a dynamic environment often with shifting priorities
- The ability to quickly understand and be familiar with complex systems
- Strong knowledge of project finances and reporting
- Experience of delivering projects in geographically dispersed teams
- The ability to influence at all levels