National Tax Manager
Internal tax opportunity - no timesheets!
A rare and interesting National Tax opportunity has arisen within a Top 15 accountancy firm based in their offices in London city.
This well established and well recognised firm within the tax market has a wealth of knowledge with expertise across private clients, private wealth, owner-managed businesses; landed estates (and rural businesses); sports and entertainment; not-for-profit organisations; corporate finance and professional firms and consulting businesses.
The role itself is an internal support role, which provides policy, technical and risk management support to the overall tax practice. Typical duties will include but are not limited to:
- Keeping up to date with relevant tax developments across all taxes and drafting internal updates for the tax business;
- Drafting articles on relevant tax technical topics;
- Managing the internal resources online by reviewing and updating content on the intranet;
- Managing all external tax technical literature and documents and updating as appropriate;
- Drive the planning and delivery of relevant tax conferences;
- Assist in developing and rolling out tax sharing knowledge systems;
- Where there are HMRC consultations, you will work with relevant teams to collate responses as appropriate.
The successful candidate will ideally be CTA qualified, but more importantly will have the aptitude to pick up technical detail and be able to communicate in a clear and coherent manner. You will also be expected to have excellent relationship skills on the basis that you will be assisting and working within a large tax business and therefore internal networking is a big part of this role. You will also have confidence in your abilities and be able to challenge senior members of the tax team where appropriate.
An excellent opportunity for someone looking for a new challenge in their tax career. Please get in touch to discuss in more detail.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Download CV template