BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
Network Engineering is a global organisation that is part of the Foundational Infrastructure business unit and is based in multiple locations around the world.
We engineer technologies, products and solutions across the entire Goldman Sachs network. This includes networks for GS offices, data centres, cloud connectivity, security, financial markets access and software solutions to support network automation. We work closely with multiple business lines to ensure we deliver key services to enable business growth and drive the firm forward. The team ensures that knowledge, best practises and expertise are shared between regions promoting teamwork and collaboration.
Network Engineering is seeking an engineer with excellent management, analytical and communication skills to drive forward key strategic programs across the real estate portfolio, new business acquisition and integration, cloud enablement and key infrastructure uplift and lifecycle programs. RESPONSIBILITIES
The engineer's responsibilities include:
SKILL / EXPERIENCE
- Driving key strategic programs across network engineering's portfolio of project
- Liaising with multiple key stakeholders on new business requirements, scoping budgeting and resourcing
- Providing key reporting across all projects, work streams and key initiatives
- Tracking key risk items, OKRs and service management levels
- Financial management of overall budgets, contract and vendor management
- Working closely with networking product vendors and telecoms service providers on the delivery of key services
The skills required to be successful in this role:
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Good project management skills (large network deployments and cross-discipline project deliverables)
- Knowledge of perimeter networks, external connectivity, security standards, cloud connectivity, data centre design principles, products and protocols is a plus
- Appreciation of Network Security architectures, models and methodologies, Authentication schemes, Encryption techniques and standards
- Experience with the managing cross functional delivery teams
- Appreciation of neighbouring technologies: Market Data, Voice, Virtualisation Computing and Multimedia
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity