Network Firewall Specialist in London | NatWest Group Careers
Join us as a Network Firewall Specialist
What you'll do
- We're looking for a Network Firewall Specialist to join us in shaping our bank of the future through innovation and technological advancement
- You'll provide technical leadership and management oversight for running platform operations on a day-to-day basis, developing platform strategies and technology roadmaps
- With a broad spectrum of technology at your fingertips, you'll be developing and enhancing our capability in managing large firewall estate in our data centre environments.
As a Network Firewall Specialist, you'll be assisting with delivering a robust production management service for relevant infrastructure platforms. You'll be maintaining the platforms' operational stability and performance of technology, including maintaining any systems utilities and tools provided by the platform that are consistent with the service management and risks and controls framework and processes.
Day-to-day, you'll be:
The skills you'll need
- Driving the team's activities to make sure that the platform integrity is maintained in line with technical roadmaps
- Encouraging innovation to develop a continual improving implementation approach at a deliverable pace, making sure that the priorities of stakeholders are delivered and support customer outcomes
- Planning and executing work within the platform and making sure that feature development requests from cross platform initiatives are responded to on time
- Articulating, championing and planning the frequent delivery of business value and customer enhanced experience, providing clear leadership to the teams to understand and focus on customer outcomes
- Seeking out opportunities to simplify the platform architecture, services and customer solutions, and guarding against introducing new complexities
Innovation and customer experience sit at the heart of this role, so we're looking for someone with knowledge of relevant industry standard toolsets and processes to drive up customer service within an IT environment.
As well as this, you'll bring advanced knowledge of network security technologies including products and design, and extensive experience working on Fortinet technologies. We'd also like you to have knowledge and experience relating to product life cycle, governance and maturity frameworks.
You'll also bring:
- Knowledge of service management disciplines such as incident, problem, change IT, continuity and capacity
- Knowledge of industry best practice, trends and emerging technologies
- Technical knowledge, including platform, technology, products and domains
- An understanding of operational principles
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to colleagues, including management level
- Good collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- A solid background working in an Agile or DevOps environment with continuous delivery and continuous integration
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you're eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we'll do everything we can to help.