- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
The Network Manager is responsible for the management of subcustodians, nostro banks and markets to support Northern Trust’s Asset Servicing and Payments business. Network Management is a risk management function and the position works as a member of the Europe, Middle East and Africa regional Network Management team.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Managing and developing relationships with assigned subcustodians and payment banks
• Review of subcustodians/payment arrangements and service levels
• Conduct on-site due diligence visits to subcustodians, central depositories and other market participants
• Ensuring assets are protected and held through correct account structures
• Managing market knowledge relating to the operational, legal, regulatory and infrastructure environment, and preparing/communicating relevant changes to internal and external partners
• Provision of consulting services to internal/external partners seeking information and guidance to navigate through operational, regulatory and infrastructure issues associated with investing in global markets
• Contribute to lobbying efforts to influence market change and developments
• Support negotiation of legal documentation and lead fee reviews/negotiation
• New market reviews to support expansion of Northern’s network coverage
• Documentation and information management
• Strategically and operationally support Northern Trust business units i.e. operations, client services, sales, product, securities lending etc.
• Travel required
• Good custody and securities operational knowledge
• High energy and drive
• Ability to work with external stakeholders
• Demonstrate an understanding of Network Management through research or experience
• Demonstrate risk management competency level
• Interpersonal and professional communication skills (written and oral)
• Demonstrate leadership/ownership skills
• Organisation and time management proficiency
• Ability to project manage
• Administration skills
• Team player with a flexible attitude and adaptive approach
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of March 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $10.8 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
• $1.2 trillion in assets under management
• $130 billion in banking assets