Networks Operations Engineer, Contract
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- 21 Apr 18 2018-04-21
Nomura are looking to recruit a Network Operations Engineer. The candidate should have strong networking technical skills to join their global facing Network Operations team for EMEA
A global investment bank is looking to recruit a Network Operations Engineer. The candidate should have strong networking technical skills to join their global facing Network Operations team for EMEA. The team's primary responsibilities include the support, maintenance and optimisation of business critical services for the bank, with the major vendor technologies being Cisco (inc. Nexus platforms), Juniper, F5, Bluecoat, Corvil and Netscout.
Role / Principal Accountabilities:
They are looking for a highly motivated, experienced Network Engineer to fill a position which consists primarily of operational support responsibilities but also includes upgrade programs and project implementation tasks as required. The role will provide hands on opportunities with both networking and network management technologies as well as drive the integration with various Service Management tooling. The 'Follow The Sun' support function is based on a shift rota within a small team including on-call cover and is ideal for a network engineer who would like to enhance or maintain a broad technical skill set within the data networking arena. The candidate will be expected to deal with the various business divisions directly relating to operational support and incident management therefore experience of working in a corporate banking environment would be ideal.
Key Objectives critical to success of the role:
- The ideal candidate should have knowledge and experience of the various networking technologies commonly deployed within the Investment bank environment including Cisco Nexus 7000, 5000 and 2000 series hardware.
- Ability to demonstrate effective troubleshooting skills within the network arena providing second line support as required.
- Ability to self manage and work as a team player
- Drive network troubleshooting activities and respective incident management administration tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively to business and technical stakeholders within the business for operational, project and deployment activities as well as have an appreciation of the risk associated with supporting a high profile network environment.
Skills & Experience Required:
Candidate must have strong technical skills combined with the ability to work within a global team, must be a team player and have excellent communication skills. Must be self-motivated; be able to drive projects to meet agreed timescales whilst working with minimal supervision.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (or equivalent knowledge)
- Strong network operations (2nd/3rd line complex troubleshooting) and deployment (project) experience for an enterprise/financial environment.
- Good knowledge and experience of core networking technologies including routing, switching, multicast, network security and network management on a Cisco IOS/NX-OS infrastructure
- Good knowledge of Cisco LAN architectures including working with Cisco Nexus platforms
- Knowledge of WAN architectures, (MPLS/VPLS, EoSDH & ISDN).
- Extensive knowledge of network routing protocols such as OSPF & BGP and their deployment within a virtualise environment
- An understanding of Network Security and Juniper/Junos competence for Firewall administration
- Experience in configuring and managing Bluecoat proxy platforms
- F5 LTM/GTM configuration & troubleshooting
- Experience of working with Wireless technologies including controllers and Access Points
- Good working knowledge of Corvil deployments and dashboard configurations
- Experience of using protocol analysers & decoding skills (Wireshark interpretation)
- Competent in using network monitoring tools and techniques (SevOne, Corvil, NetScout, SMARTS)
- Good understanding of ITIL principles including Change Management best practices
- Investment Banking/Financial Services experience
Knowledge & Experience Preferred:
- A knowledge of the key Market Data Services (Bloomberg, Reuters etc.) that are critical to the business and their methods of delivery.
- Understanding of Exchange service delivery
- Project management (design and implementation) of network projects
- Cisco IPT including protocols such as MGCP, SIP, H.323 and other voice protocols with ability to perform analysis and reporting an advantage
- Good competency of Unix and Windows OS
- Ability to demonstrate PERL & Python scripting techniques