Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com.
New Issue Ops are part of the wider Shared Services team within Operations. They are a global support team for the issuance of debt securities where Nomura International act as lead manager or dealer for a new debt security. Within EMEA, the team supports the MTN Syndicate Trading desk, Debt Capital Markets and IBD with the issuance of debt for Corporate, Sovereigns, Supranationals and Agencies. They also support the Tokyo Debt Capital Markets desk for the issuance of corporate convertible bonds and Supranationals securities . The type of issuances they support globally are credit linked notes, equity linked notes, certificates, warrants, ECPs and Special Purpose Vehicles.
This role provides an exciting opportunity to manage a team of people based in London and co-ordinate high value and private and confidential issuances globally. New Issue Ops are tasked with applying for ISIN codes and providing the Clearing systems and Issuing & Paying Agent with the most current available details in regard to each particular security and ensuring that required securities remain private and confidential until they have priced in the market. They settle the primary takedown of the securities in the respective market on issue date. This entails tracking each security from trade date to issue date to ensure that the information provided to all external agencies is correct and that the settlement is in line with the expectation of the Issuer and the settlement market. Each market, and or Issuer, has specific requirements, therefore securities can require extensive liaison with a number of external and internal contacts including legal, clearing systems, issuing agents and common depositories.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
* Ideally an SME in New Issuance and an understanding of front to back transactional / trade flows.
* People management skills and experience
* Strong communication skills. Demonstrate the ability to manage and build internal / external client relationships and manage stakeholders at all levels.
* Strong time management and ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure.
* Strong control mindset and understanding of Operational risks. Proven ability to build and maintain a robust control infrastructure and understand control requirements throughout the trade lifecycle
* Awareness of the external industry and the drivers behind the longer term objectives of the function as a whole. Evidencing the ability to translate these objectives into organisational strategic deliverables.
* Proactively seek to re-engineer processes and drive improvement within role, improving overall functional efficiency and cost management.
Right to Work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Please contact us if you are visiting our offices and require any form of personal assistance or physical adaptations to be provided for your appointment. A member of staff will be happy to help.
Nomura is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees.
We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender identity and gender expression, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
If you require any assistance or reasonable adjustments due to a disability or long-term health condition, please do not hesitate to contact us.