Newly Qualified Accountant
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Jun 18 2018-06-25
Are you a recently qualified accountant our looking for the next step in your Financial Services career? If so, this is a fantastic opportunity to join our growing Corporate and Client Accounting team!
Our award-winning, FTSE 250 listed wrap service already has a loyal following from a large number of financial advisers and planners in the UK – and for good reason.
First established in 2000 we now have over £29.7 billion funds under administration and have won numerous awards for both our innovative online platform and our unrivalled customer service.
In simple terms Transact is a smarter, more effective and efficient way for financial advisers to aggregate and manage their clients' investment portfolios and financial plans online. That said, Transact is so much more than just an online service. Our personal one-to-one service is a key part of what we have to offer. It is this that ensures that Transact is adaptable and flexible enough to deal with the complexity of real-world financial plans and investment portfolios.
We are looking to grow our Corporate Accounts team and we have a new opportunity for a Newly Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) Accountant. Predominantly you will be assisting the Corporate Accounting Team in the accurate and timely reporting of Corporate performance through monthly management accounts; the annual statutory reporting process for one of the Group subsidiaries; preparing information for the quarterly profit verification; the accurate and timely submission of all Regulatory reporting within remit.
Your responsibilities within the role will include:
Timely monthly management accounts preparation:
- Producing monthly management accounts.
- Preparing accruals and prepayments.
- Performing variance analysis and investigating and explaining significant variance.
Annual Statutory Accounts process:
- Preparing information requested by third parties.
- Liaising with external auditors and dealing with any incoming queries.
- Helping produce Financial Statements under IFRS.
Quarterly profit verification process:
- Providing reporting schedules for quarterly profit verification reviews.
Regulatory and HMRC Reporting:
- Preparing quarterly and annual Solvency II QRT returns.
- Taking responsibility for FINREP and regulatory returns.
- Assisting with the production of HMRC reports on a timely and accurate basis.
- Assisting with PAYE pension payroll processes and queries.
Other ad hoc duties and project work as required.
We are looking for an accountant who is recently qualified either from an accountancy practice or from a Financial Services environment. Evidence of experience dealing with regulatory returns and FCA forms and submissions will be essential for the role, along with the ability to thrive under pressure and be able to prioritise your work load accordingly.
We encourage a collaborative and collegiate culture and encourage our people to use their initiative and imagination to help us to continually improve. Our employees are offered a competitive salary, with access to a wide range of benefits including a generous discretionary bonus, 25 days holiday, BUPA, Season Ticket Loan, a competitive pension contribution and a great working environment.