Newton, Administrator – Business Administration (12 MONTH FTC)
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 20 Jun 18 2018-06-20
Newton, Administrator – Business Administration (12 MONTH FTC)
Newton Investment Management Limited is an active investment management firm, using thematic ideas about the long-term investment landscape to create and manage strategies that help secure its clients' futures. Newton thinks on a global basis, with its single London-based investment team working collaboratively across asset classes and regions. The firm builds bold solutions, designed to meet the real-world challenges the clients face, and the team manage them responsibly in the broadest sense - through embedding environmental, social and governance considerations, and engaging on issues that affect their clients. Those clients are based around the world, and include pension funds, corporations and charities and, via Newton's parent company BNY Mellon, individuals.
With offices in London and New York, Newton has £53.2bn under management (as at 31 December 2016), including assets managed by Newton Investment Management Limited as dual officers of Newton Capital Management Limited and The Bank of New York Mellon. News and other information about Newton is available at www.newton.co.uk and via Twitter: @NewtonIM
Newton employees are bright, inquisitive, thoughtful and collaborative. They are highly motivated to deliver performance and service to clients. Newton pride themselves on being an employer of choice, with a flexible working environment and a commitment to diversity and opportunity among its employees.
Newton is a professional, friendly and collegiate place to work. The firm looks to attract individuals who are keen to work as part of a team, in a meritocratic environment, and who are driven to help make the organisation a great place to work.
We are currently recruiting for an Administrator - Business Administration (12 Month FTC) to deliver administrative and relationship management support across all Newton business areas. Includes: provision of a Provider Management service and a Client Anti-Money Laundering Screening service, responsibility for the firm's business continuity plans and the firm's hardcopy client records; co-ordination of training initiatives and a variety of other business-wide support tasks.
To ensure that all allocated work and incoming issues are dealt with without risk to the company, in an efficient manner and to the satisfaction of all internal and external clients.
- Undertake the day-to-day work of the Business Administration team. Contribute to the maintenance of effective checklists and procedure documents and demonstrate a continuous process improvement approach.
- Assist in the management of the relationship between Newton and its Providers (Outsource Providers, Service Providers and Shared Services). Support the business in the performance monitoring and service review of Providers which may include administration of meeting schedules and materials and Minute taking.
- Undertake daily / weekly /monthly client Anti-Money Laundering screening responsibilities across the Newton client base. Investigate all alerts and hits and escalate for sign off.
- Assist in the administration of the Business Continuity & Crisis Management processes ensuring compliance with the related BNYM requirements. Includes working with all business areas in the compilation and review of Business Continuity Plans (system-based and hardcopy); co-ordination of business continuity testing; issuance of business continuity related business communications; and any other business continuity related tasks.
- Assist in the administration of the Records Management processes. Undertake the day-to-day maintenance of client-related filing hardcopy records. Includes scanning, filing, retrieval and archiving processes - ensuring compliance with the appropriate BNYM Records Retention policies.
- Assist in the administration of the User Access Review processes. Includes co-ordination of user access reviews across all systems in use at Newton.
- Assist in the administration of the Newton Continual Professional Development programme; the Training & Competency scheme and the Newton Induction training programme.
- Undertake other administrative functions which span business areas. Examples include: Staff absence record monitoring, invoice processing, desk moves and other facilities related tasks.
- Contribute to the oversight of any Business Administration related task that is being performed by a Provider (Outsource Provider, Service Provider or Shared Services group). This includes undertaking the task during business continuity events or tests.
- Represent the Business Administration team in meetings (internal and external) when required and demonstrate effective relationships with other Newton and BNYM areas.
- Produce Management Information and Compliance reporting (and adhoc reporting to any other business area) for the team e.g., monthly management sign-off packs, team statistics and trend analysis. Provide input into audit and control processes (internal and external auditors of Newton) on behalf of the team.
- Provide administrative support to the Business Administration Manager, and the wider Business Management team (includes Operations Control Manager, Information Security Manager and Manager - Business Management) as required.
- Interpersonal and communication: Experience with senior management teams and ability to succulently deliver key messages and summarise complex issues.
- Strong Business Writing Skills: Good experience in formal business writing, ideally Minute taking.
- Eye for detail and ability to improve processes: Experience in improving process and identifying inefficiencies to improve overall business operations.
- IT skills: advanced knowledge of MS Office, PeopleSoft knowledge is a distinct advantage.
- Common Sense and a can-do attitude.
If your profile matches the above requirements and you're looking to develop a career within an award winning investment management firm, please submit your CV via our Careers site.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 22490
Requisition Number: 1806647
Tags: EFC:EMEA: 2-I