Newton Commercial Analyst Developer
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon Investment Management
- 18 Aug 18 2018-08-18
Newton Commercial Analyst Developer
The Commercial Analyst Developer is an exciting opportunity to contribute to and help drive the solution design and delivery of Newton's client reporting solution and supporting services. There is also an opportunity to work in the team that designs and builds Newton's web and client portal products.
In this business facing role, you should be resourceful, energetic, and ready to hit the ground running. You'll need work well in a team but also be an innovator, particularly around how information is presented and rendered reflecting our brand. You should be ready to share ideas and fresh perspectives.
This is a great role for an experienced developer looking to have an impact within a team with some ambitious plans.
Newton Investment Management Limited is an active investment management firm, using thematic ideas about the long-term investment landscape to create and manage strategies that help secure clients' futures. Newton thinks on a global basis, with its single London-based investment team working collaboratively across asset classes and regions. The firm builds bold solutions, designed to meet the real-world challenges clients face, and the team manage them responsibly in the broadest sense - through embedding environmental, social and governance considerations, and engaging on issues that affect their clients. Those clients are based around the world, and include pension funds, corporations and charities and, via Newton's parent company BNY Mellon, individuals.
With offices in London and New York, Newton has £49.8bn assets under management (as at 31 March 2018), including assets managed by Newton Investment Management Limited as dual officers of Newton Investment Management (North America) Limited and The Bank of New York Mellon. News and other information about Newton is available at www.newtonim.com and via Twitter: @NewtonIM.
Design and delivery of technical solutions with an emphasis on quality, automation and continuous integration
- Build strong relationships with business stakeholders, collaborate on requirements relationships and ensuring that the technology strategy is aligned with business goals and strategy
- Apply modern software development techniques within the constraints of vendor products with the drive to push the boundaries around what can be achieved
- Research emerging technologies, processes and best practices
Job Specific Competencies:
- Experience in Java EE, Web Application Frameworks, databases (relational and other), Cloud, messaging, integration & APIs
- Knowledge of modern web and software development methodologies and toolsets
- A hands on technical polyglot with experience of shipping production code across a full-stack environment
- Advocate of agile engineering principles with a drive for automation - build/test tools, continuous integration and delivery
- Experience with Client Reporting or Content Management solutions would be beneficial but not essential
- Formal ed.ucation in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline preferred
- Manage relationships with developers and digital teams across the business to ensure close working practices and productive processes
- Fantastic communicator and collaborator keen to work closely across teams and the business
- Experience configuring a vendor toolset to produce a high quality deliverable desirable/preferred
- Exceptional problem solving skills and intellectual curiosity
- Passion for innovation and creative problem solving with an enthusiasm to evangelise to others
- Get hands-on, providing technical direction and/or problem solving to support the team
- Act as scrum master on rotation with team members to ensure smooth working, and identify improvements to scrum practice
- Ensure all third-party development conforms to organisation best-practice and quality standards.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have what it takes to succeed, and you're looking to develop a career within an award winning investment management firm, please submit your CV via our Careers site .
Share your Experiences:
We would love to hear about your experiences with our recruitment process. Your opinion will really help us strive towards continuous improvement. Please visit our Glassdoor page to leave your feedback.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 51575
Requisition Number: 1811853