Newton, Global Research Analyst - Healthcare
Newton Investment Management is one of BNY Mellon Investment Management's specialists, and they are a London-based global investment house with expertise in a range of disciplines, including global, regional and emerging-market equities, multi-asset strategies, absolute return investing and global bonds. A global, thematic approach to investment helps them achieve long-term perspective on global financial markets and economies, and identify areas of long-term risk and opportunity. Their belief is that responsible investment is better investment for clients and they consider ESG (environmental, social and governance) issues in relation to every company in which they invest. Newton is part of BNY Mellon Investment Management, one of the world's largest investment managers. Values
Trusted: We work in an open and honest way and with transparency. We do what we say we will do and work towards a common goal. We act with honesty and integrity and always do what is right. We make good informed decisions and act in the best interest of Newton and its clients. Our clients trust us to do the right thing.
Collaborative: We work together to create solutions for the benefit of the business and our clients. We recognise diversity and innovation as valuable tools in achieving our goals. We search out new opportunities and ideas by involving the right people in discussions and decision making. We welcome different perspectives in our pursuit of the best possible solution. We work in partnership with our clients.
Open-minded: We consider new ideas and strategies and identify new and different ways of being successful. We are flexible and open to change even when that change challenges our current viewpoint. We welcome different perspectives and diversity of thought to keep our approaches' innovative and current. We are curious about the opinions of others and recognise their contributions.
Accountable: We take ownership of our role in driving the business forward and meeting our business objectives. We own the explicit decision making process and acknowledge our successes and areas of development as a basis for improvements without blame. We have clear defined roles and work together to ensure hand offs and jointly owned functions are delivered effectively. We are empowered to work autonomously and take pride in our personal contributions.
Purposeful: We share a clear set of goals and strategies and work towards them collectively to fulfil our business objectives. We have a clear set of standards and approaches that provide context and guidance to our purpose. We are deliberate in how we work with our clients and stakeholders differentiating us from our competitors. We operate with clear intent delivering solutions as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Dynamic: We adapt to the changing market conditions and explore new and innovative solutions to support our clients changing needs. We encourage idea generation and progress new ideas and opportunities quickly. We are agile and flexible demonstrating a willingness to change to remain competitive. We are energised, enthusiastic and challenge how and what we do to remain relevant.
Entrepreunerial: We have the conviction to generate new ideas and recognise the need for experimentation and diversity of thought. We are agile and faced paced using effective decision making to agree and drive forward or dismiss and continue to search for a solution. We work with our colleagues, stakeholders and clients to create innovative future proof solutions and deliver them in a timely manner. We think like owners and recognise the personal contribution we make in supporting Newton's continuing success. Job Purpose
Responsible for stock selection, focused on the allocated industries or companies, through rigorous investment analysis techniques. Delivering clear and accountable investment recommendations that support the portfolio construction effort, to agreed performance metrics. Key Responsibilities
- To deliver clear and accountable equity investment recommendations, to agreed performance metrics.
- To follow independent thought processes to reach well-argued investment conclusions.
- To continually refine and improve the stock selection analysis and investment process.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the process, products, trends and developments within the industry researched.
- To develop a clear view of the competitive position of both companies and products and of the capabilities of management.
- To have an understanding of the strategic position of the industry within the global economy.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively in a team.
- To actively contribute to the relevant internal Investment meetings, thematic research, ESG, the research recommended lists and our strategic and economic frameworks.
- To make clear and focused stock recommendations suitable for the investment requirements of the house and maximising the return for our clients.
- To lead on the investment ideas initiated, while involving colleagues in the debate.
- To support investment ideas with timely and well-written research and to be responsive to research prioritisations.
- To represent the team and Newton, internally and externally to clients and stakeholders.
- To manage meetings with companies, ensuring that the meeting is well run, has appropriate attendance and facilitates an effective dialogue. Meeting notes must be circulated in accordance with House procedures.
- To undertake research which is creative, imaginative and value additive and not merely maintenance-oriented.
- To present investment information to Clients and Consultants in a clear and concise manner, tailoring the information presented to the audience's requirements.
- To liaise with Sales and Marketing as required.
1. Global Acumen - Developing and incorporating an understanding of the competitive global business environment as well as an awareness of economic, social and political trends that impact the organization's global strategy
2. Establishing Strategic Direction - Establishing and committing to a long-range course of action to accomplish a long-range goal or vision after analyzing factual information and assumptions taking into consideration resources, constraints and organizational values
3. Developing Strategic Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to influence, collaborate and build effective relationships with business partners (e.g., peers, functional partners, external vendors and alliance partners)
4. Building Organisational Talent - Attracting, developing and retaining talented individuals. Providing timely coaching, guidance and feedback to help others maximize their potential and meet key accountabilities. Using appropriate methods and interpersonal styles to develop, motivate and guide a team toward successful outcomes and attainment of business objectives
5. Change Leadership - Continuously seeking (or encouraging others to seek) opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing organizational problems and opportunities
6. Client Orientation - Cultivating strategic client relationships and ensuring that the client perspective is the driving force behind all value-added business activities
7. Driving Execution - Translating strategy into operational reality. Breaking down strategic priorities or business initiatives into key tasks and identifying accountabilities. Aligning communication, people, culture, processes, resources and systems to ensure effective implementation and delivery of required results BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United Kingdom-Greater London-London Job:
Asset Management Internal Jobcode:
Newton-HR06148 Requisition Number: