Newton, Head of Product Advocacy - Responsible Investment
Newton Investment Management is expanding its responsible investment team to advance its sustainability investment offers to clients. The newly created position will work with the Head of Sustainable Investment within Newton's A+ rated (by the UN PRI) and play a pivotal role in Newton's sustainable strategy and engagements with a broad audience of clients, colleagues, industry groups and other stakeholders.
In coordination with the Head of Sustainable Investment, the Head of Product Advocacy will influence the design and implementation of Newton's ESG communication strategy and is responsible for leading the development of our sustainable investing offerings and associated engagement with targeted clients and other key stakeholders.
The Head of Product Advocacy will collaborate with our responsible investment, portfolio management, thematic, and research teams to articulate Newton's strategic position in the sustainable investing industry by providing guidance, lessons learned, and expertise on ESG themes and criteria.
The successful candidate will have business acumen, with the ability to deliver compelling sustainable investing narratives and articulating strategies to foster knowledge on ESG themes to internal and external audiences. The successful candidate navigates and interacts with the broader sustainable investment community (i.e. UN PRI, GIIN) while supporting the delivery of specialised client and compliance reports.
This position is designed for a self-driven and passionate professional interested in bringing sustainable investment at scale without diluting its value-creation, and positioning Newton Investment Management as a global reference on sustainable investments. Key responsibilities
- Collaborate with the responsible investment, portfolio management, thematic and research teams to develop a consistent and persuasive representation of Newton's responsible/sustainable approach and a recognised leader in responsible investment.
- Support Newton's commercial ambitions by providing expert technical knowledge of the investment, regulatory and competitive positioning of our product s and processes.
- Contribute to the development of the ESG communication strategy, including corporate disclosure, policy and procedures, client reporting, RFP and marketing language and presentations.
- Obtaining senior buy-in on sustainable strategic plans to engage and coordinate activities with internal and external audiences.
- Advance and promote the understanding of best practices in responsible investing, working across teams to deliver research results, engaging thought pieces and thematic snapshots on a structured basis.
- Support the development of a Newton community of practice to share learnings and experiences on ESG-aligned themes and improve ESG-related skills.
- Work with stakeholders to deliver and coordinate new business pitches, client reviews and structured education programmes through face-to-face meetings, conferences and other mediums.
- Develop and support collaborative relationships with current and prospective clients, acting as a trusted proponent of Newton's expertise.
- Provide guidance, lessons learned, and the results of client feedback to support and advance the commercial, investment and product proposition.
- Driving focused and strategic interactions with external stakeholders in delivering Newton's sustainable investment capabilities, including clients, key external partners, and selective speaking engagements.
- Engage with sustainable investing groups, including associations like UN-PRI, and contribute with knowledge products, case studies, etc. to increase Newton's value proposition in the investment community.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
- Experience within an asset management or ESG research.
- Extensive client experience (domestic and international), strong communication skills (verbal and written) and a proven ability to develop and enhance relationships with various internal and external contacts.
- A strong command of the issues and opportunities surrounding ESG and sustainable investment across multiple asset classes.
- Experience in developing corporate ESG/sustainability strategies, systems, and plans
- Experience in designing and managing training programmes for internal and external audiences.
- Good understanding of how to engage with the broader sustainable investing community (e.g. UN-PRI, GIIN).
- Good understanding of ESG and climate-aligned reporting and compliance (e.g. TCFD, SFDR)
- Thorough understanding of active and thematic investment.
- Experience in managing a small team.
United Kingdom-Greater London-London Job:
Asset Management Internal Jobcode:
Newton-HR06148 Requisition Number: