Newton, Investment Communications Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 16 Dec 17 2017-12-16
Newton, Investment Communications Associate
Newton Investment Management Limited is an active investment management firm, using thematic ideas about the long-term investment landscape to create and manage strategies that help secure clients' futures. Newton thinks on a global basis, with its single London-based investment team working collaboratively across asset classes and regions. The firm builds bold solutions, designed to meet the real-world challenges clients face, and the team manage them responsibly in the broadest sense - through embedding environmental, social and governance considerations, and engaging on issues that affect their clients. Those clients are based around the world, and include pension funds, corporations and charities and, via Newton's parent company BNY Mellon, individuals.
With offices in London and New York, Newton has £55bn (as at 30 September 2017) under management, including assets managed by Newton Investment Management Limited as dual officers of Newton Capital Management Limited and The Bank of New York Mellon. News and other information about Newton is available at www.newton.co.uk and via Twitter: @NewtonIM
Newton employees are bright, inquisitive, thoughtful and collaborative. They are highly motivated to deliver performance and service to clients. Newton prides itself on being an employer of choice, with a flexible working environment and a commitment to diversity and opportunity among its employees.
Newton is a professional, friendly and collegiate place to work. The firm looks to attract individuals who are keen to work as part of a team, in a meritocratic environment, and who are driven to help make the organisation a great place to work.
The purpose of the Investment Communications Associate is to support the communication, both externally and internally, through the written word and through other media, of diverse aspects of Newton's investment approach, performance and thought leadership, including regular fund and strategy commentaries.
- Take responsibility for interviewing and working with members of the investment team to prepare a broad range of materials, including ad hoc content across a broad range of topics and media, as well as regular fund and strategy commentaries.
- Provide support in drafting and editing all such materials.
- Generate ideas for, and create, marketing and thought leadership material, from inception through to design, compliance and final distribution, for use with our direct audiences and our partnered distribution channels, and in third-party publications.
- Generate a wide variety of investment-related and other content for Newton's digital media, including 'Fly on the wall' blog, with particular focus on content that supports Newton as a thought leader and active community partner. Content types to be as broad as possible and to include film, infographics, campaigns, and competitions (in all of which we work in collaboration with our marketing digital media, and presentation/design teams).
- Provide support literature and multi-media content for Newton's events
- Help draft and submit award submissions
- Good command of the English language
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Team player
- Strong attention to detail
- Degree-level educated
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 52594
Requisition Number: 1714279
Tags: EFC:EMEA: 2-A