Newton, Junior analyst - Desktop Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
Newton, Junior analyst - Desktop Analyst
Newton Investment Management Limited is a global investment management firm. We use big thematic ideas about the long-term investment landscape to create and manage strategies that help secure our clients' futures. We think on a worldwide basis, with our single London-based investment team working collaboratively across asset classes and regions. We build bold solutions, designed to meet the real-world challenges our clients face, and we manage them responsibly in the broadest sense - through embedding environmental, social and governance considerations, and engaging on issues that affect our clients. Those clients are based in the UK and around the world, and include public and private-sector pension funds, corporations and charities and, via our parent company BNY Mellon, individuals. With offices in London and New York, we have £49.8bn under management (as at 31 March 2018).
The Newton Technology Department is responsible for all of our technology requirements: from desktop to mobile tools, application support, vendor packages, software development and oversight of shared services and infrastructure. The Desktop Support team acts as the support contact point for Newton users, covering a range of Workplace Technologies (Desktop, Laptop, Mobile, Video Conferencing & Collaboration Tools). The team works closely with other Newton and BNYM technology teams and external business contacts to understand and resolve issues and to collaborate on development initiatives.
This role provides an excellent introduction into the technology sector within the asset management and financial services industry. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to attain Subject Matter Expert (SME) status on desktop related matters, with further potential growth into other technology teams as fits their long-term career development path.
Vocational Training Programme:
At Newton, we are committed to the community in which we work and to the development of talented school leavers. The Newton Vocational Trainee Programme provides the opportunity to work at a global investment management firm whilst continuing in higher education.
This year, we are looking for a dynamic and motivated final-year A-level student, from a London Borough, to bring their talent and passion for IT to our technology team.
As well as providing a challenging and rewarding career opportunity, we will fund your two-year (part-time) HND Computing studies course at the European College of Business Management. Following the HND, there will be the opportunity to remain on the Programme and extend your studies to upgrade to a BA degree qualification.
In order to apply for this position, you should be on track to attain a minimum of 300/120 UCAS points (equivalent to BBB at A-level) this year, with one of your subjects preferably being technology-related (e.g. computer science or ICT) the development of talented school leavers.
- Undertake the day-to-day work of the Desktop Support team, ensuring that support standards are met. Contribute to the maintenance of effective procedure documents and demonstrate a continuous process improvement approach.
- Provide junior analyst support to the team. Examples of responsibilities the successful candidate is likely to be involved in are:
- Contact point for business users in all matters relating to Workplace Technologies requests and issues ('calls'). Please note that out of hours / weekend support work may be required on a regular / adhoc basis.
- Monitoring of all calls using call tracking system -providing status updates to users and ensuring all calls resolved successfully.
- Installation and servicing of Windows and MS Office
- Hardware installs and repairs
- Mobile device deployment (iphone/ipad/Blackberry) and troubleshooting
- Represent the team in meetings (internal and external) when required and demonstrate effective relationships with other Newton and BNYM areas.
- Produce Management Information data, reports and analysis on behalf of the team.
- Contribute to the oversight of any team related task that is being performed by a Provider (Outsourced Provider, Service Provider or Shared Services group). This could include undertaking the task during business continuity events or tests.
- Provide input into audit and control processes (external audits, regulatory audits, internal audits and compliance monitoring) as required on behalf of the team.
- Provide support to other team / department members and contribute to key business strategic projects and initiatives.
- Brand: Invest in actively amplifying the BNY Mellon brand internally and externally. Deliver the company values (client focus, integrity, team work, excellence) every day.
- Compliance and Ethics: Adhere fully to the statutes, regulations, company policies and ethical standards applicable to the job responsibilities.
- Inclusion: Demonstrate support for BNY Mellon's initiatives to promote diversity and create an inclusive workplace environment.
- Managing Risk: Adhere fully to the company's Risk Culture Principles as they apply to the job responsibilities.
RESULTS: Takes Action, Demonstrates Accountability, Executes
PEOPLE: Collaborates, Open to Feedback, Communicates Effectively
THOUGHT: Demonstrates Business Awareness, Client Focus, Solves Problems
SELF: Courage, Shows Resilience, Shows Self-Awareness
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 53691
Requisition Number: 1806706
Tags: EFC: EMEA: 2-I