Newton, OTC Derivatives Senior Specialist
Newton Investment Management is one of BNY Mellon Investment Management's specialists, and are a London-based global investment house with expertise in a range of disciplines, including global, regional and emerging-market equities, multi-asset strategies, absolute return investing and global bonds. A global, thematic approach to investment helps them achieve long-term perspective on global financial markets and economies, and identify areas of long-term risk and opportunity. Their belief is that responsible investment is better investment for clients and they consider ESG (environmental, social and governance) issues in relation to every company in which they invest. Newton is part of BNY Mellon Investment Management, one of the world's largest investment managers.
Trusted: We work in an open and honest way and with transparency. We do what we say we will do and work towards a common goal. We act with honesty and integrity and always do what is right. We make good informed decisions and act in the best interest of Newton and its clients. Our clients trust us to do the right thing.
Collaborative: We work together to create solutions for the benefit of the business and our clients. We recognise diversity and innovation as valuable tools in achieving our goals. We search out new opportunities and ideas by involving the right people in discussions and decision making. We welcome different perspectives in our pursuit of the best possible solution. We work in partnership with our clients.
Open-minded: We consider new ideas and strategies and identify new and different ways of being successful. We are flexible and open to change even when that change challenges our current viewpoint. We welcome different perspectives and diversity of thought to keep our approaches' innovative and current. We are curious about the opinions of others and recognise their contributions.
Accountable: We take ownership of our role in driving the business forward and meeting our business objectives. We own the explicit decision making process and acknowledge our successes and areas of development as a basis for improvements without blame. We have clear defined roles and work together to ensure hand offs and jointly owned functions are delivered effectively. We are empowered to work autonomously and take pride in our personal contributions.
Purposeful; We share a clear set of goals and strategies and work towards them collectively to fulfil our business objectives. We have a clear set of standards and approaches that provide context and guidance to our purpose. We are deliberate in how we work with our clients and stakeholders differentiating us from our competitors. We operate with clear intent delivering solutions as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Dynamic: We adapt to the changing market conditions and explore new and innovative solutions to support our clients changing needs. We encourage idea generation and progress new ideas and opportunities quickly. We are agile and flexible demonstrating a willingness to change to remain competitive. We are energised, enthusiastic and challenge how and what we do to remain relevant.
Entrepreunerial: We have the conviction to generate new ideas and recognise the need for experimentation and diversity of thought. We are agile and faced paced using effective decision making to agree and drive forward or dismiss and continue to search for a solution. We work with our colleagues, stakeholders and clients to create innovative future proof solutions and deliver them in a timely manner. We think like owners and recognise the personal contribution we make in supporting Newton's continuing success. Job Purpose
Newton Investment Management is building out its OTC trading capabilities and requires an OTC Specialist who sits within Investment Operations to help facilitate and provide guidance to the business on key considerations, market practise standards, vendor selection and integration, and general front to back process implementation. Once live, the candidate will be expected to provide management and leadership direction and oversight of the BAU OTC processes within the team. They will also be expected to provide input and support to the existing BAU ETD & FFX Collateralisation processes.
The successful candidate will need to bring an array of OTC knowledge and experience, have a hands-on and confident approach as well as involvement in operational processes in previous roles. Key Responsibilities
- To be Investment Operations' Subject Matter Expert for OTC
- Liaising regularly with the wider business to discuss and collaboratively solve OTC challenges as Newton Investment Management increases its OTC trading capabilities
- To attend meetings where guidance and thought leadership can be articulated to the wider business
- To implement the setup of new OTC processes within Investment Operations that are robust, effective and risk mitigants controlling of risks
- To provide OTC education and training to staff members sitting within Investment Operations
- To implement new Investment Operations procedures surrounding OTC investments
- Demonstrably control all work in progress, escalating where appropriate
- Responsible for the day to day management of the process once OTC is live
- Identification and implementation of process improvements, as a result of errors, changing market practices / requirements, volume changes, or efficiency opportunities
- Understand and comply with all requirements of regulatory regimes and corporate policies and procedures.
- Complete Key Risk Indicators (measurable characteristics of a business process) and coordinate appropriate and regular management reporting where requested
- Provide regular updates to Operations mamagement
- Provide a professional service to all internal and external clients, and constructive input to work ongoing in other areas.
- A Subject Matter Expert for OTC.
- A confident, proactive individual who has the ability to work independently and propose ideas
- A project lead with a strong Financial Services background
- An Investment Operations champion who can lead and advise the business on the implementation of the OTC process.
#LI-DB2 BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United Kingdom-Greater London-London Job:
Asset Management Internal Jobcode:
Newton-HR06148 Requisition Number: