Nominated Officer Team Analyst - London
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Aug 18 2018-08-19
Make decisions that matter, while protecting our customers We have a great opportunity for a Nominated Officer Team Analyst to be based in our London Office.
The Nominated Officer Team Analyst reports into the Nominated Office Manager, supporting them with the execution of their accountabilities. This will include the execution of higher-risk / higher-profile investigations, oversight and review of second-line Financial Crime processes and procedures, and supporting with the law-enforcement liaison strategy.
Our Financial Crime team is all about protecting our customers, shareholders, and the communities that support us from increasingly complex threats. It's about more than money. Financial crime funds a wide range of criminal activities that put real people at risk every day. And with so much at stake, simply adhering to legal controls and regulations isn't enough. That's why we're developing a world-class environment for crime prevention. Join us in work that really matters.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Nominated Officer Team Analyst your main responsibilities will be
- Reviewing Financial Crime processes and procedures to ensure that there is an effective and appropriate process for the internal submission and investigation of SARs.
- Executing higher profile, higher risk, or more complex investigations, at the Nominated Officer's discretion, utilising their understanding of regulatory / legislative requirements and expectations.
- Undertaking spot-checks and reviews of SAR disclosures in order to assess quality.
- Working with Line 2 Financial Crime Operations teams to improve quality of investigations.
- Providing advisory support to other L2 FC teams, with a particular focus on law-enforcement requirements.
- Supporting the law-enforcement liaison strategy through undertaking administrative tasks, as required, by the Nominated Office team.
Minimum skills and experience required
- Sound working knowledge of the global legislative and regulatory framework for FC (Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions and Anti-Bribery and Corruption).
- Experience in Financial Crime; either from a previous role in AML/Sanctions investigations or AML/Sanctions advisory
- Proven ability to take a structured approach to the investigation of alerts.
- Good analytical and financial interpretation skills, with the ability to convert and consolidate complex data into simple messages and reports.
- Experience of working in the Financial Services industry.
Salary is Competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
- Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It's one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We'll give you more than a job, we'll give you a purpose - to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we're making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We've created an environment where we always put people first, that's why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you'll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What's more, we'll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn't gone unnoticed and we've been listed as one of Britain's Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.