Non Life Financial Reporting - Actuarial & Risk
Job Description Summary To work as part of the Financial Services Group, effectively providing a hands on advisory service that exceeds client expectations and supports the management team. Primarily focussed on project delivery, gaining broad experience and self development.
Come and think independently with an organisation that’s doing the same. We’re determined to help shape a Vibrant Economy in the UK and beyond. It’s why we empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It’s invigorating. It’s inspiring. It’s creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here. So bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and together, let’s make change happen. The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
Helping clients of all shapes and sizes, in financial services advisory we support businesses who make a major contribution to the growth of the economy in the UK and beyond. You’ll provide financial services organisations of many different sizes with the advice and solutions they need to unlock sustainable growth or navigate complex risks and challenges. You’ll help them achieve their business goals, enable them to grow sustainably and in turn help to shape a vibrant economy.
What you’ll be doing:
• Keeps abreast of relevant industry and professional developments
• Supports senior colleagues in the development of services to meet clients' needs
• Develops and maintains a network of contacts within the firm
• Begins to develop contacts in the wider business community and keeps the Firm's Interaction database up-to-date
• Participates in networking or office marketing events when appropriate, introduces contacts to colleagues and is an ambassador of the firm
• Demonstrates an understanding of the Firm's products, services and capabilities
• Seeks to participate in business development activities and contributes effectively to proposals
• Demonstrates sound industry and technical knowledge and is able to apply this in the context of client assignments
• Receives positive feedback from clients
• Prepares client take on in accordance with the Firm's methodology
• Where relevant, maintains satisfactory progress in actuarial exams
• Plays an active role in the Actuarial and Risk team and contributes to positive morale
• Works collaboratively across all areas within the Financial Services Group to maximise our contribution to the firm and to clients
• Acts as a role model for analysts and trainees and provides constructive upward feedback to more senior colleagues
• Works in line with the firm's CLEARR values, of collaboration, leadership, excellence, agility, respect and responsibility
• Seeks regular feedback and identifies and acts upon learning and development needs in order to develop technical and personal skills
• Completes a timely appraisal and personal development plan
• Meets CPE requirements and completes return on time
• Meets all relevant requirements of Actuarial Profession
Operations and results
• Analyses information and is able to offer considered conclusions and recommendations
• Keeps senior staff informed of progress, draws issues to their attention and discusses conclusions with them
• Participates in the presentation of conclusions and recommendations to the client and discusses the implications and action points
• Produces high quality analysis requiring minimal input from senior employees
• Projects a confident and professional image takes responsibility for assigned areas, including having own work reviewed
• Works to time and budget
• Assists in maximising the recovery of billable time through accurate and timely submission of timesheets
• Contributes to ensuring maximum utilisation of employees through proactively seeking involvement in upcoming assignments and advertising own availability
• Adheres to the Firm's risk management policies
Who we're looking for:
Passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential, you’ll be someone who wants to make a difference and shape your career and a Vibrant Economy. You’ll have strong technical skills and experience of providing clients with quality services.
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
* Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
* We create sustainable value for our clients
* We are better together
* Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
* We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to progress your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and beyond. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together