About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Operational Resilience
The London Resilience Office (LRO) is responsible for monitoring Northern Trust's (NT's) compliance with UK regulations pertaining to operational resilience and business continuity, and for ensuring NT's resilience framework is aligned with industry best practice.
Operational resilience is a broad concept encompassing multiple fields such as cyber and IT security, outsourcing and offshoring, contingency planning and product and service mapping. The objective is to ensure NT can mitigate, withstand, absorb and recover from operational incidents while minimising disruption to critical or important functions and clients.
The LRO's principal role is that of an oversight function, coordinating specialists across the various fields and monitoring consistency with core resilience principles and regulations. This is a challenging role requiring flexibility and the ability to assimilate information from a diversity of sources. The role also requires liaising with and managing a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
This role will report to the Head of Global Services Control and will also maintain close links with Risk, Compliance, Global Business Continuity and Recovery Services (GBCRS), IT, Cyber Security, Internal Audit and Operations.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Maintaining NT's operational resilience framework and associated policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Monitoring regulatory developments with respect to operational resilience and business continuity and advising senior management of the implications for NT's operations and resilience framework.
• Monitoring the business's compliance with the applicable regulations and advising on the implications of any breaches or near misses.
• Reviewing and challenging the integrity and adequacy of NT's resilience mapping documentation.
• Designing, implementing and maintaining routine controls pertaining to NT's operational resilience framework, including working with NT's Global Services Control Team.
• Assisting in the design and execution of testing programmes to assess the robustness of NT's resilience framework, and feeding back results to senior management and other stakeholders.
• Producing management information to relevant internal governance bodies, including the Operational Continuity Committee (OCC) and European Risk Committee (ERC).
• Assisting with monitoring adherence to NT's outsourcing risk management programmes, for example Business Process Transition Risk Management (BPTRM) and assisting with developing and implementing outsourcing policies and controls.
• Preparing management information tracking the performance of vendors supporting NT UK's critical economic functions (CEFs) and following up on outstanding performance-related issues.
• Assisting with responding to Audit Services reviews, Compliance reports or other independent assessments of NT's resilience framework, including monitoring outstanding issues and ongoing remedial actions. Qualifications
• Experience of operating in a Risk, Compliance, Internal Audit or Operational Oversight role.
• Knowledge of the key discussion papers on operational resilience, for example SS9/16 and DP01/18.
• Ability to interact effectively and influence senior management and staff at all levels.
• Knowledge of the wider UK regulatory environment, including NT UK's three principal regulators (FCA/ PRA/ BoE) and how they interact.
• Experience in production of management information reporting would be advantageous.
• Good Microsoft Excel and Word skills.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships.
• Excellent analytical / interpretation skills. Working with Us:
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways: Financial
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program Professional Development
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives. And Finally
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.