Office Manager - Maternity Cover (9month FTC)
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- VAT IT
- 17 Apr 18 2018-04-17
VAT IT is one of the world’s leading VAT and Tax reclaim companies assisting over 8,000 clients around the world with foreign tax reclaim. We operate from 35 wholly owned offices situated in Europe, Asia, Africa and America and employ over 500 knowledgeable specialists dedicated to our core business of cross border tax refunds
VAT IT is one of the world’s leading VAT and Tax reclaim companies assisting over 8,000 clients around the world with foreign tax reclaim. We operate from 35 wholly owned offices situated in Europe, Asia, Africa and America and employ over 500 knowledgeable specialists dedicated to our core business of cross border tax refunds. VAT IT has been involved in the indirect tax industry for over 15 years. We service many types of institutional clients including Banks, Mining Houses, Industrial and Telecommunication Businesses.
We are looking for an experienced Office Manager (maternity cover) to take responsibility for the London office. There are currently 50 members of staff across 3 businesses.
- Monitor and manage bank accounts and corporate credit cards ensuring sufficient funds and all payments made are documented
- Dealing with invoice queries and requests from clients, agents and staff
- Uploading all invoices, approving staff payments and processing payments
- Maintaining database of all received invoices and paid dates
- Monthly reconciliation ensuring each and every card, transfer and bank transfer is listed, can be accounted for and has back up documentation.
- Ensuring new starts are set up with work stations, e mail, required accounts and telephone.
- Manage accounts with external suppliers
- Manage all aspects of IT, cleaning, telephone suppliers ensuring functionality within the office
- Responsible for the general up keep of the office, heating, lighting, office suppliers, stationary
- Liaising with Landlord as and when required
- Ensuring health and safety is followed
- Source and book all overseas travel including flights, hotels, visas and travel insurance
- Any ad-hoc requests as and when required including staff events
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Educated to degree level or above
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Fluent written and spoken English