Officer/Analyst - Banking Operations - Liabilities
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Being a vital part of the Credit process for Private Banking London. The Credit operations role ensures smooth processing of loans, mortages, renewals, arranging valuations etc.
- Provide a prompt and professional service to Private Bank clients via Front Office, Credit Officer, Credit Structuring Team
- Adhere to Private Bank and regulatory policies / procedures that relate to the role, ensuring all risks are minimized and client expectations are met
- Working as part of a team of 2 which has potential to grow with business growth.
- Daily monitoring of Private Bank client unauthorised overdrafts and collateral shortfall reports
- Issuance of Credit Facility letters after Credit Officer approval
- Loading of approved limits into T24
- Monitoring upcoming limit expiries.
- Engaging with external solicitors, valuers in relation to Mortgage lending documents
- Preparation of Class III lending related letters
- Obtaining company searches, HM Land Registry searches, Buildings Insurance policy as part of documentation file
- Oversee processing of Loans in T24
- Update exceptional LTV on specific collateral holdings
- Give timely responses to credit related enquiries/queries from Front Office
Our Ideal Candidate
- Regulatory & Business conduct : ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local banking laws, other applicable laws (e.g. laws governing securities activities, company law) and anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines
- Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role. Understand and comply with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws and regulations, including those governing anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group's policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters. Embed the Group's values and code of conduct to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture.
- Local regulator prescribed responsibilities
- Five years general banking experience encompassing transactional systems and international banking
- A comprehensive knowledge of banking practice and associated regulatory requirements
- Previous Operations experience would be preferable
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.