Offshore Wind Engineering Manager - Macquarie Capital Korea
Are you passionate about the renewable energy sector and looking to leverage your engineering expertise? If so, this is the right opportunity for you.
Macquarie's Green Investment Group is developing a portfolio of offshore wind projects in South Korea and looking for an Offshore Engineering Manager to join our team to assist in project development, procurement and construction activities for these projects. Offshore wind will be a key component in Korea's future energy mix and our Green Investment Group has a substantial and longstanding commitment to the renewable energy and clean technology sectors.
Based in Seoul and reporting to the Development Director, you will work together with our partners, advisors and team members to manage technical and commercial aspects related to offshore engineering on Green Investment Group projects. These projects will span two key phases: the development phase and the construction phase. Development phase responsibilities will include:
Construction phase responsibilities will include:
- supporting the Project Manager in delivering the projects
- providing leadership across all offshore engineering disciplines
- interfacing with the Package Managers to ensure that the overall development is successfully designed, procured and delivered
- responsibility for project design, specification and management of all aspects related to offshore engineering during the planning and development phase of the project
- defining technically and commercially optimal project structure with particular focus on increasing efficiency and driving down the cost of energy
- coordinating all supporting functions including Contracts, Finance, Permits, etc. and ensuring internal requirements are aligned all aspects related to offshore engineering
- providing technical and commercial input to the procurement strategy for all aspects related to offshore engineering to identify, tender and select advisors, equipment suppliers, EPC and O&M contractors for the project
- ensuring all technical and commercial requirements related to all aspects related to offshore engineering are scoped within the tender materials, lead detailed negotiations and coordinate with the transaction team
- ensuring health and safety considerations are prioritised, lead wind farm design processes and assume overall responsibility for managing technical interfaces between various project packages
- managing and reviewing design development for all aspects related to offshore engineering in the lead up to construction and in support of achieving all required permits and approvals
- providing relevant technical and commercial input to tender documentation; assessment & evaluation of proposals; commercial, technical & contractual negotiations; and final contract award
- overseeing design and certification processes across offshore engineering aspects of the project
- reviewing and analysing supply, installation, construction and O&M pricing and input to the project financial model
- establishing and managing health and safety standards to offshore wind industry best practice and oversee effective implementation of health & safety plans for all aspects related to offshore engineering
- establishing and managing environmental standards to meet the environmental impact assessment and permitting requirements and achieve offshore wind industry best practice
- identifying, developing and managing support services that may be required during development phase
- delivering suitable weekly and monthly reporting, prepare materials and participate in internal reporting and approvals process
- developing meeting schedules and identify participants required on a forward-looking basis, to ensure timely decision making and problem solving.
You will need to bring:
- project management during construction and forward planning of O&M Contractor activities for all aspects related to offshore engineering
- working with package managers to escalate and resolve potential issues before they cause interface delays
- programme management of Suppliers, Construction and O&M Contractors
- conducting engineering reviews for all aspects related to offshore engineering, providing timely feedback on issues and resolutions
- leading contract administration related to offshore engineering matters
- weekly and monthly reporting and Daily Project Reporting (DPRs) during site works
- overseeing and managing implementation of the health and safety plan, ensuring standards are being met
- overseeing and managing implementation of the environmental plan to ensure compliance with environmental impact assessment permits and requirements
- overseeing and managing relevant handover procedures for all aspects related to offshore engineering, ensuring seamless integration between stages and mitigating interface issues between contractors.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, electrical or civil engineering or other relevant discipline and preference for a Master's level degree in a relevant discipline
- A minimum of ten years' experience with an EPCI Contractor, energy developer, utility, engineering consultancy or related Offshore Engineering role for offshore construction projects, with significant exposure to offshore wind construction
You will also be a strong communicator (English essential, Korean a bonus), negotiator and genuinely enjoy building and nurturing relationships with colleagues and stakeholders. Prior experience with commercial contract negotiation, as well as experience implementing WHSE standards to industry best practice is also paramount.
If you're ready to join our Green Investment Group, apply online today. About Macquarie Capital
Macquarie Capital offers global capability in M&A Advisory, Debt and Equity Capital Markets, Principal Finance, and Equity Trading and Research underpinned by deep specialist expertise across a range of sectors. Our people are empowered to think innovatively to address client challenges and originate opportunities, thinking beyond individual transactions to become a trusted adviser and partner over the long haul. From origination to execution, our unique combination of ideas, capital and expertise is transforming opportunity into reality for our clients and partners around the world.
With staff in 35 offices transacting across 31 countries, Macquarie Capital is a truly global business. A role in the team will expose you to a dynamic working environment and the opportunity to contribute to high-profile transactions whilst working in a business with the best people in the industry. About Green Investment Group
GIG provides corporate finance advisory and capital market services to corporate and government clients involved in public and private mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity fund raisings, private equity raisings and corporate restructuring. GIG - and its managed funds - is one of the world's largest investors in renewable energy.
Our support for the renewable energy and clean technology sectors is part of a broader commitment to infrastructure. GIG's parent company (Macquarie) has more than $A136 billion of infrastructure assets under management globally and co-invests alongside the world's leading institutional investors including public sector pension funds. For further information about GIG's renewable energy credentials please visit https://greeninvestmentgroup.com
GIG understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At GIG we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team. #LI-Europe