Operational Due Diligence Support Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Albourne Partners Ltd
- 01 Aug 18 2018-08-01
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high profile consultancy firm in the alternative investments industry within the Operational Due Diligence (ODD) team
Albourne’s Operational Due Diligence Team is responsible for conducting business risk analysis on a range of alternative investment products, focusing particularly on hedge fund and private equity investment structures. We are currently looking to add an ODD Support Analyst whose role will be to support the senior analysts within the team.
Albourne is a specialist alternative investments advisory firm, working with clients on a fixed fee, non discretionary basis. The firm was established in London in 1994 and we believe it is now the largest independent alternatives consultant, with a headcount of 350 in 11 locations worldwide. Albourne’s 268 clients, including pension plans, endowments, foundations, family offices and financial intermediaries are invested with most of the best managers in the world. Albourne operates a large number of business streams including Portfolio Advisory, Strategy Research and Risk Management.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
To support due diligence analysts in conducting operational due diligence analysis on alternative investment funds.
- Review and interpret financial statements, offering documents, and other fund literature. Upon that review and interpretation, produce research deliverables for clients within the scheduled deadline.
- Liaise with fund service providers to ensure timely receipt of information on the funds.
- Conduct reference checks with service providers for completion of the relevant reports.
- Conduct with fellow Due Diligence Analysts onsite interviews with fund managers to discuss operational risks, internal controls and information systems, as well as verifying existence of assets. Deploy skills and experience to contribute to these meetings and to prepare clear and concise written notes to summarise the findings.
- Ensure client deliverables are prepared, reviewed, and delivered on a timely and accurate basis.
- Active idea contributor to client newsletter and intranet.
- Participate in production of white paper research for distribution to clients.
- Follow Albourne’s “Best Practices” with respect to operational due diligence.
- Ensure information within internal database is kept up to date and current.
- Proactively identify tasks to assist other members of the London DD team.
- Other ad hoc projects from time to time upon request.
- Report potential conflicts to compliance and work with compliance to ensure that conflict disclosures appear on research reports.
- Graduate or equivalent. Business Studies, Economics or Accountancy preferred but not essential.
- Willing to study for the CFA qualification.
- Proactive self starter; proficient at time management and multi-tasking.
- Professional demeanour and strong interpersonal skills.
- Writing skills with an attention to detail.
- Systems literacy (excel, word, PPT, Outlook).
- Ability to travel overseas as required.
- Comply with terms of Albourne Compliance Manuals.
- Attend company event as requested.
- Will be required to pass regulatory/industry examinations as part of the ongoing competence assessment.
- Candidates must have the right to work in UK.
- Professional development support
- 30 days holiday inclusive of public holidays
- Discretionary bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Tax-efficient benefits (cycle to work, childcare vouchers, season ticket loan)
- Workplace pension scheme
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com quoting reference POD-A.